franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

7 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think the best idea is to ignore the twitter PC mob outrage for 1-3 days and you most likely get away from the issues as most people on Twitter that get worked up about such things have the attention span of a goldfish.

Same thing for the Interent in general. which is why studios ignore Internet Petitions.

Dinsey is in a no win situation here. If they hire Gunn back, they will get lots of shit .

• Like 1

People who sneeringly complain about "Indenity politics" all the time usually want minorities to shut up about institutional bigotry and bow down to the all knowing might of straight white males. Not going to do that. Ever. That being said I'm sick of overreactions to everything. React to real things. 

Roseanne firing has nothing to do with my problem with the reactionary left. Screw that racist Muslim hating bitch. She should have never gotten another show. Disney pretending to be shocked by her racism is hilarious, considering she didn't hide it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Same thing for the Interent in general. which is why studios ignore Internet Petitions.

Dinsey is in a no win situation here. If they hire Gunn back, they will get lots of shit .

That's why I don't think this letter was necessarily about rehiring Gunn but rather trying to leave a door open for him to return in some other capacity down the line. Or at least prevent him being totally blackballed by the industry.

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

People who sneeringly complain about "Indenity politics" all the time usually want minorities to shut up about institutional bigotry and bow down to the all knowing might of straight white males. Not going to do that. Ever. That being said I'm sick of overreactions to everything. React to real things. 

Roseanne firing has nothing to do with my problem with the reactionary left. Screw that racist Muslim hating bitch. She should have never gotten another show. Disney pretending to be shocked by her racism is hilarious, considering she didn't hide it. 

I think as a minority, we want to go to a society where your colour does not matter but its impossible to do so if certain people view all aspects of everything based on the colour of their skin only. Imo it will ensure the issue of race will ALWAYS remain a factor in our society. 

I think its a fine balance of what to focus on with race and such but I  Can see why many do get a bit annoyed with identity politics at times. 

I Just find it rather hilarious when some white people engage in more identity politics then most minorities I know. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

23 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Evans and Hems unfollowed Gunn. Best Chrises confirmed.

14 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

RDJ did too apparently.

MCU cast civil war

Uhhh, what? Could you clarify what you’re saying and/or give a source. At first blush you seem to be suggesting that they unfollowed James Gunn, but that doesn’t make much sense considering he hasn’t had a twitter account for over a week.

Edited by Thanos Legion

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Uhhh, what? Could you clarify what you’re saying and/or give a source. At first blush you seem to be suggesting that they unfollowed James Gunn, but that doesn’t make much sense considering he hasn’t had a twitter account for over a week.

They unfollowed before he deleted - as did Hiddles and Cheadle.

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

his account... still exists. https://twitter.com/JamesGunn

• Like 1