Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

lol those are OW extrapolations. You don't seriously think this will have a 239 or 400 million OW lol? 

I was refering to those movies's final grosses, not OW's.

And i agree that it will open strong, $175M conservatively...it's just that he thinks this movie will have bad multipliers the following weekends.

21 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

shit is HUGE.  make no mistake this is going to play 4 quadrant.  Friday number will be fun to see but Saturday is what I'm gonna be waiting for like

I think there's a good chance Saturday is only a modest jump, or even close to flat. 

• Like 2

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I was refering to those movies's final grosses, not OW's.

And i agree that it will open strong, $175M conservatively...it's just that he thinks this movie will have bad multipliers the following weekends.

No he doesnt. @That One Guywas talking about OW numbers. 

You're the one who turned his numbers into multipliers for the following weekends. 

• Like 1

Honestly, if it plays exactly like Finding Dory, then it'll have the 2nd biggest OW ever (233M).  So in other words, this is going to be frontloaded for a family movie (at least for its IM).  I think a 3x multiplier overall could be achievable.  We'll see how the weekend plays out.

2 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

I (somewhat) disagree, I think a closer analogy is the first Hunger Games. 

I somewhat agree with your disagreement, Jurassic World is much more General Audience and not as pre-build up, bad comparison that I made scanning for something different than YA, Superheroes, star wars on that list.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Despite the huge night, sources believe that Beauty and the Beast isn’t frontloaded, but will play and play throughout the weekend.

Says one non Disney studio executive about Beauty‘s Thursday, “It’s playing like Star Wars among female audiences.”

Doesn't that mean it will be frontloaded

1 minute ago, franfar said:

We should wait until reliable Friday #s come in before declaring this an underperformer. We don't know what the legs are gonna be before freaking out or trolling

nah, stop being practical, it's more fun to....

DymEe.gif

:P 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 2