Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

20 minutes ago, Filmovie said:

Estimated Top Midnight Grosses of All-Time

Rank / Title / Gross / Share of Opening Day

Thanks I was googling for a list like this finding only terrible page by page presentation on the NYTimes web sites. I wonder why Box office mojo do not show them, they have so many list.

It is an impressive numbers that Beauty did, it is not the kind of movie that you need to watch it right away so you can still go on the Internet without fearing of spoiler and do not specifically target the typical midnight show audience like most of the movie on that list, it is a bit more like a Jurassic World than young adult/superheroes/star wars I would imagine.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Why the people most excited are late teen or 20 something girls

Cuz this is Thursday, where rabid fans are gonna be seeing it

Wait and see what the demos are for the overall weekend, when there could be more walk-ups

1 minute ago, Rallax said:

If making 150m OW weekend makes Belle a basic bitch, what are the Power Rangers since they aren't likely to get that in total?

They're "massive success stories people that don't likke power rangers are a bunch of dumb nerf herders emma watson pxxxy."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rallax said:

If making 150m OW weekend makes Belle a basic bitch, what are the Power Rangers since they aren't likely to get that in total?

They're the pumpkin spice lattes that go with Belle's basic bitch mantra. 

UFeV8NiTZ6gl5xxhfo6a_Pumpkin%20Rangers.g

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Thanks I was googling for a list like this finding only terrible page by page presentation on the NYTimes web sites. I wonder why Box office mojo do not show them, they have so many list.

It is an impressive numbers that Beauty did, it is not the kind of movie that you need to watch it right away so you can still go on the Internet without fearing of spoiler and do not specifically target the typical midnight show audience like most of the movie on that list, it is a bit more like a Jurassic World than young adult/superheroes/star wars I would imagine.

I (somewhat) disagree, I think a closer analogy is the first Hunger Games.