Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Bargaining is gonna come up soon:

"POWER RANGERS WILL WIN THE MARCH RECORD ANYWAY."

Bargaining would be more like PR will at least do $50M OW, then when it does half of that Sadness will happen, and I think he might skip Acceptance and overhype another movie.

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Follows HG's Thurs. multi - 125M

Follows Jungle Book - 400M (so in other words, this isn't following Jungle Book :rofl:)

Follows Finding Dory - 239M (so it's not following that shit either)

This is definitely not playing like a typical family film, cause if it does we're getting a goddamn 200M+ OW and beating TFA.

Oh, is it because YOU hated it?

Look, i do respect your opinion about the movie and that's fine with me. But to say that it isn't gonna get at least to over $350-400M DOM is just ridiculous hater-nonsense...and wishful thinking to underperform is just not going to work.

It's like someone obnoxiously saying last year, "Oh, The Jungle Book will not do $300M, because i hated it" or "Oh, Captain America 3 will not get to $350M because it was a poor movie" or "Oh, Finding Dory will not get $400M because it sucked" or even "Oh, Rogue One will not hit $450M because it was a piece of shit". Those hater-arguments just never work.

And the reason those afore-mentioned movies got to higher grosses, is due to the critics & audience giving them critical praises.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Look, i do respect your opinion about the movie and that's fine with me. But to say that it isn't gonna get at least to over $350-400M DOM is just ridiculous hater-nonsense...and wishful thinking to underperform is just not going to work.

It's like someone obnoxiously saying last year, "Oh, The Jungle Book will not do $300M, because i hated it" or "Oh, Captain America 3 will not get to $350M because it was a poor movie" or "Oh, Finding Dory will not get $400M because it sucked" or even "Oh, Rogue One will not hit $450M because it was a piece of shit". Those hater-arguments just never work.

Those are OW extrapolations unless you are saying this will do 400OW

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Wow. Thats a pretty tame number. Not even top ten in previews. Probably wont hit 150 now. Very disappointing. Borderline bust.

Yeah.  Disney is sinking faster than paramount and lionsgate combined with that number

• Like 9

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

wtf.  I was talking about OW multipliers :rofl:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

@That One Guy never said that it wouldn't hit $350M+ though. He was referring to OW multipliers.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

lol those are OW extrapolations. You don't seriously think this will have a 239 or 400 million OW lol? 

He was talking about OW in which BATB isn't doing $400M. Thats not being a hater. Its called being realistic. 

• Like 2