grim22

Dolittle | Jan 17 2020 | Universal | 16% RT | Winner of the Kids Choice Award!

Being the poster boy of what cool & hip filmmakers despise leave you with projects like this.

it s a curse.

He cannot do much about it.

His return to the MCU will happen sooner than planned.

Edited by The Futurist

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Being the poster boy of what cool & hip filmmakers despise leave you with projects like this.

it s a curse.

He cannot do much about it.

His return to the MCU will happen sooner than planned.

I'll defend RDJ forever because he gave Disney/Marvel an ultimatum to give his Avengers co-stars a raise or he wasn't coming back when they wanted to give only him an obscenely big salary.  That's super respectable in my book.

One should also take into consideration that maybe he doesn't want to make cool&hip movies. I remember that he once said he actively avoided roles that could risk his slipping into the old habit. again, respectable choice. he has family so that's more important. 

I do agree he's returning to MCU sooner than expected. 

Edited by Valonqar

Weren't there reports that the director answered with "we'll figure it out in post" when asked about where the CGI animals were supposed to be during the making of this? :lol: Think it's a no-brainer the inevitable "what went wrong behind the scenes" exposé is gonna be a lot more interesting than the actual movie.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Weren't there reports that the director answered with "we'll figure it out in post" when asked about where the CGI animals were supposed to be during the making of this? :lol: Think it's a no-brainer the inevitable "what went wrong behind the scenes" exposé is gonna be a lot more interesting than the actual movie.

The "We can fix it in post" attitude has been responsible for many a bomb.

There are some things...like a bad script...that you can't fix in post.

Second time that an attempt to film the original Dr Doolittle stories has not ended well.

And the only thing the modestly successful Eddie Murphy films had in common with the novels is the name and the idea of someone being able to talk with animals.

I was hoping RDJ would use the muscle he got from Tony Stark to make some really good films and show why , in the 90's he was considered to be the best young actor in Hollywood and the Next De Niro,instead we get this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Will this get better reviews than Cats or worse? They’re battling right now. 

I know one thing:THis film is going to lose a hell of a lot more money then Cats.

If it was a 100 Million dollar film it would be a run of the mill Hollywood bomb;but the 175 Million budget makes it a nuclear level Hollywood bomb.

• Haha 1