Noctis

MONDAY #'s: BATB $13.5m (Asgard)

I love it when people ask if $500M is "possible." Hahaha well the movie opened $19M ahead of Rogue One, which easily cleared $500M, so yeah I'm just going to go on out a limb and say "it's possible." Granted, of course, you have holiday weekdays for Rogue One and holiday period in general, but that doesn't at all mean that Beauty and the Beast can't get there. I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever. I think I may be somewhat surprised if Beauty and the Beast DOESN'T get there. Finding Dory opened to $135M and still nearly hit $500M, which is impressive. 

I guess a lot will just depend on this 2nd weekend drop, and go from there. Given that it seems to have achieved solid word of mouth (based on what I'm seeing, anyway) and I've heard of people going back for 2nds, I really don't think it'll be a harsh drop the 2nd weekend. Even at worst, a 55% decline, which wouldn't be bad. But I cannot see any worse than that. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RichWS said:

Oooookay.

Do you root for every movie to make as much as possible? I never know how some people are around here. I'm very clear about my rooting interests -- Star Wars above all. You can be assured if it was literally the greatest non-Star Wars movie of all time, I still won't be rooting for it to make any more than one penny less than the lowest grossing Star Wars film. It's not that I care that much, but the box office is like sports, obviously I'm rooting for my team. If you have NO team, that's totally fine, there are people who watch the NBA and just enjoy great basketball, they don't really have a team. I'm a Blazers fan because I live in Portland, so i'll always be biased and always want the Blazers to win. I don't hide that. I don't hide it with Star Wars, either, that's what interests me. Every movie is either a threat to Star Wars or it isn't, and if it isn't, it's not my problem -- to paraphrase Deckard. :P

Why would I root for Beauty and the Beast to make $500M? So it could pass Rogue One on the all time chart? Why the fuck would I do that?! That makes no sense. That would just be bizarre. 

PS: There you have the longest reply you will EVER get to a one word (albeit drawn out) post. Bam. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

I love it when people ask if $500M is "possible." Hahaha well the movie opened $19M ahead of Rogue One, which easily cleared $500M, so yeah I'm just going to go on out a limb and say "it's possible." 

A ”little” movie called Captain America: Civil War opened $24 m ahead of BATB and it did not clear 500 million. Also, Rogue One had holiday legs to help it maximize profits, which BATB does not have, so I am going to go out on a limb and say that it is also possible that  BATB does not gross 500. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

It's extremely hard to hit 500 m DOM.

Only 7 movies have achieved it.

Mostly box office legends like TFA, Avatar, Titanic, Jurassic World, The Avengers and TDK.

The big boys.

The Beast is a big boy too 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

I love it when people ask if $500M is "possible." Hahaha well the movie opened $19M ahead of Rogue One, which easily cleared $500M, so yeah I'm just going to go on out a limb and say "it's possible." Granted, of course, you have holiday weekdays for Rogue One and holiday period in general, but that doesn't at all mean that Beauty and the Beast can't get there. I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever. I think I may be somewhat surprised if Beauty and the Beast DOESN'T get there. Finding Dory opened to $135M and still nearly hit $500M, which is impressive. 

I guess a lot will just depend on this 2nd weekend drop, and go from there. Given that it seems to have achieved solid word of mouth (based on what I'm seeing, anyway) and I've heard of people going back for 2nds, I really don't think it'll be a harsh drop the 2nd weekend. Even at worst, a 55% decline, which wouldn't be bad. But I cannot see any worse than that. 

age of ultron opened $15m higher than BATB, but barely cross $450m, rogue one clearly has year-end holiday to sustain its mid-week gross, different story then

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

A ”little” movie called Captain America: Civil War opened $24 m ahead of BATB and it did not clear 500 million. Also, Rogue One had holiday legs to help it maximize profits, which BATB does not have, so I am going to go out on a limb and say that it is also possible that  BATB does not gross 500. 

Youre only looking at a sliver of the whole picture. Civil War wasnt exactly loved by everyone and thats why the multiplier was so low. 

Theres a lot more to box office than what u think there is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

For the love of god,at this point,i seear you just love the attention.Again...

But the best responce to your latest breakdown would be :

Finding Dory : 135M OW/486M DOM

Rogue One : 155M OW/ 530M DOM

The Dark Knight : 158M OW/534M DOM

...And the best of all...

Should i point out to you what all these movies have in common?BTW,these are just few examples...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

Dont burn out too quickly little star.  Same shtick over and over gets old quick. But I like your can do attitude. 

• Like 2

As others have pointed out, CW is a bad example, because it was kinda like a tv series finale - one could really just enjoy it if one knew the other movies leading up to it. Besides that, it had little replay value. Whether or not you liked the movie, it certainly isnt as rewatchable as the first Iron Man or TA1. BatB is a different animal.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MrMarosa said:

What I love about this blind adoration and defense of the crappy BATB remake is that some people have actually taken away that I am somehow defending BvS!!! :) Nah. That would be awesome for the staunch BATBheads, because that way they could justify their calling me 'retard' and maybe even the 'troll' accusations,  but I feel that both films —BATB 2017 and BVS— are equally bombastic, misguided, soulless spectacleThe difference is that BvS was the followup to an equally crappy film, while BATB2017 is the followup to a wonderful, beloved film that had more artistry, heart,  and genuine soul in the fricking opening credits than the remake has in its entire runtime. Nostalgia is indeed a potent, common-sense-impairing drug.

You're fun.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Do you root for every movie to make as much as possible? I never know how some people are around here. I'm very clear about my rooting interests -- Star Wars above all. You can be assured if it was literally the greatest non-Star Wars movie of all time, I still won't be rooting for it to make any more than one penny less than the lowest grossing Star Wars film. It's not that I care that much, but the box office is like sports, obviously I'm rooting for my team. If you have NO team, that's totally fine, there are people who watch the NBA and just enjoy great basketball, they don't really have a team. I'm a Blazers fan because I live in Portland, so i'll always be biased and always want the Blazers to win. I don't hide that. I don't hide it with Star Wars, either, that's what interests me. Every movie is either a threat to Star Wars or it isn't, and if it isn't, it's not my problem -- to paraphrase Deckard. :P

Why would I root for Beauty and the Beast to make $500M? So it could pass Rogue One on the all time chart? Why the fuck would I do that?! That makes no sense. That would just be bizarre. 

PS: There you have the longest reply you will EVER get to a one word (albeit drawn out) post. Bam. :D

I root for Disney. I have had a lot to cheer about the last few years.