Noctis

MONDAY #'s: BATB $13.5m (Asgard)

18 minutes ago, Dbot1800 said:

We really need to stop with this Easter Monday is a holiday thing.  It isn't a federal holiday and most schools are not out on Easter Monday.  It's just the day after a holiday.

45% if schools were off that day. If we want to be technical, you're right, but not by much http://deadline.com/2017/03/beauty-and-the-beast-second-bests-march-monday-box-office-batman-v-superman-1202047652/

• Like 2

Good enough number, this thing is a monster hit anyway.

I don't know if that has been commented on by other users: Didn't you feel that Ian McKellen's part was somehow beneath him?

Edited by Xavier

20 minutes ago, Xavier said:

I don't know if that has been commented on by other users: Didn't you feel that Ian McKellen's part was somehow beneath him?

It was handed to him on a silver platter and almost all of it was just voice over anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

He's a troll.  With very little box office knowledge.  Comparing BvS first HOLIDAY monday to BaTB non holiday Monday shows how BO acumen he possesses.

LOL Anyone who is not high on the OW fumes of a crappy CGI monstrosity like BATB is a troll? Great moderation skills there, bro. I am gonna laugh so hard at your defense of this POS film when it fails to do 500 m and you all start finding other excuses for it.

9 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It was handed to him on a silver platter and almost all of it was just voice over anyway. 

I imagine it was a pretty easy gig for him and everyone else cast as Enchanted objects as it was voice work which could be done within a few weeks if not a few days with only a short period of actual shooting for the final scenes. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dbot1800 said:

We really need to stop with this Easter Monday is a holiday thing.  It isn't a federal holiday and most schools are not out on Easter Monday.  It's just the day after a holiday.

There is a significant amount of the population in both Canada and the United States that has Easter Monday off. If you don't believe me then explain why Batman vs Superman had a relatively small drop for a Monday in the middle of March and then also dropped on the Tuesday instead of increasing. The numbers don't lie. It's right there in black and white for you all you have to do is do a little bit of research.

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

LOL Anyone who is not high on the OW fumes of a crappy CGI monstrosity like BATB is a troll? Great moderation skills there, bro. I am gonna laugh so hard at your defense of this POS film when it fails to do 500 m and you all start finding other excuses for it.

Youre mistaking me for someone with an agenda. I dont have one. Im using historucal data and juxtaposing similar films against BATB. 

And there is no guarantee that it will make 500 million but why would that be some kind of a indictment of the film? No matter what it ends with it's going to be a massive success. I can tell you this though it will finish much closer to 500 million that it will the 400 million. And I can guarantee that.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

To begin with,400M is the absolute floor for this so why on this earth would anyone need to find excuses for a film that is a massive success(400M still is a golden benchmark).And even then,when all of our predictions will be wrong,i will be sure for one thing...you know nothing when it comes to box office.

BTW,calling BaTB a CGI monstrocity when each top grosser these days is just that shows how hypocritical you are.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Xavier said:

hell no! he was magnificent. His banter with Ewan/Lumiere was so much fun. Lumiere pranks Cogsworth:"Oh, mastah, you've already retuhned" Cogsworth falls for it. Audience roars with laughter. People ate up those characters.

• Like 2

@baumer Box office acumen...so sad not to have it. :( I bet that is a highly marketable skill that tons of high-paying employers seek out. Anyway, good luck with your job search, Mr. Mod...your skills at predicting the BO for crappy blockbusters on an internet message board makes you special. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, baumer said:

or it to drop below 90 means close to a 50% drop and that just isn't happening.  This is not a polarizing film the way BvS and CW were.

what are you talking about? polarizing films drop 60%, 70%, not 50%. 

13 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

@baumer Box office acumen...so sad not to have it. :( I bet that is a highly marketable skill that tons of high-paying employers seek out. Anyway, good luck with your job search, Mr. Mod...your skills at predicting the BO for crappy blockbusters on an internet message board makes you special. 

Im a bus driver. I didnt use my box office acumen in my interview to get the job. 

But it is useful when trying to predict what a film might end up with when u only have 4 days worth of data to extrapolate with.:qotd:

• Like 9