Noctis

MONDAY #'s: BATB $13.5m (Asgard)

40 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Not a fan of members calling other members stupid either... please don't do it again

It's true though. And no trying to go "please" on me. When we have to deal with guys like him, it's so hard to take them seriously.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

2 hours ago, Harley said:

This is doing well enough prequels or spinoffs aren't out of the question.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/beauty-and-the-beast-sean-bailey-disney-emma-watson-1202047710/

It may take a bit but it's not unreasonable to think this is going to hit 500 million. A lot of competition is coming up but it still can reach it. Even 400+ isn't nothing to look down on.

A Gaston standalone?

2017 is kicking ass.

Compare:  
Year Gross* 2017
% change
% change
% change
% change
% change
% change
2017 $2,497.2 - +4.4% +15.0% +21.2% +30.6% +14.0%
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Is that good?

Apparently its hold is better than what family films usually do so i believe its great goven that it seems like it will also play like a family film.

It's at 400M WW right now and with opening in France and Australia i feel that it should fly past 600M WW by Sunday.Maybe 700M? HEY @Valonqar i'm this close on changing my prediction for what it will reach 1B again.

As for spin-offs...as i am talking about it with people who have watched it(all loved it btw) i'm catching myself wanting to delve once again in this world and its characters.

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

finally, a disney film the MRAs wouldn't have to boycott!

It will be glorious. Old Man Gaston tries to save a sorcerer child from being killed villagers in Mexico, along with a disabled Le Fou.

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

2017 is kicking ass.

Compare:  

Year Gross* 2017
% change
% change
% change
% change
% change
% change
2017 $2,497.2 - +4.4% +15.0% +21.2% +30.6% +14.0%

Hopefully the amount of admissions increases though, that's more telling than gross in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, baumer said:

When does spring break kick in for the US?

6 hours ago, PDC1987 said:

Beauty and the Beast is a family film and Monday was still a school day for most kids, spring breaks are scattered.

5 hours ago, baumer said:

There is a significant amount of the population in both Canada and the United States that has Easter Monday off. If you don't believe me then explain why Batman vs Superman had a relatively small drop for a Monday in the middle of March and then also dropped on the Tuesday instead of increasing. The numbers don't lie. It's right there in black and white for you all you have to do is do a little bit of research.

3 hours ago, KGator said:

I've lived in 10 different states over my life (though for 2 I wasn't there during an Easter) and have never had an "Easter Monday" off.  The only way I could see this happening is for children/teachers who might have their spring breaks scheduled for the week after Easter Sunday.  Other than that . . . who is getting Easter Monday off?  God knows my college spring breaks always seemed to be in early March.  I can see religious schools automatically taking their Spring Breaks over the week after Easter Sunday and I have seen some schools just take the Friday before Easter and the Monday after for "Easter Break" but those are usually the exception.    I'd be all for making the Monday after Easter a Holiday but . . . it hasn't happened yet.

That being said, Easter 2016 was one of the earliest Easters I can remember (Late March?) so I suspect a lot of Spring Breaks just happened to fall the week after which helped boost the BvS numbers.

spring Break

As some said scattered the biggest out for college was last week for k-12 its week before Easter (2nd biggest last week) and all sorts mixes in between.

Easter monday, all

Out 2017 29%, 

2015-26 around 38%, in 2015-16 over 40% out k-12

2014 25% low one

2013 41%, over 50% out k-12

generally its in 30-low 40% for out

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Rth and the Beast said:

spring Break

As some said scattered the biggest out for college was last week for k-12 its week before Easter (2nd biggest last week) and all sorts mixes in between.

Easter monday, all

Out 2017 29%, 

2014 25% low one

This is why we love our resident God's. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rth and the Beast said:

spring Break

Easter monday, all

Out 2017 29%, 

2014 25% low one

God has spoken. 

And these statistics make sense. Batman versus Superman fell 55% as opposed to Beauty and the Beast which fell around 70. That 15% difference and the Tuesday decrease that Batman versus Superman experienced compared to the significant increase that Beauty and the Beast will have today is indicative of 40% of the country having Monday off last year at Easter 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrMarosa said:

What I love about this blind adoration and defense of the crappy BATB remake is that some people have actually taken away that I am somehow defending BvS!!! :) Nah. That would be awesome for the staunch BATBheads, because that way they could justify their calling me 'retard' and maybe even the 'troll' accusations,  but I feel that both films —BATB 2017 and BVS— are equally bombastic, misguided, soulless spectacleThe difference is that BvS was the followup to an equally crappy film, while BATB2017 is the followup to a wonderful, beloved film that had more artistry, heart,  and genuine soul in the fricking opening credits than the remake has in its entire runtime. Nostalgia is indeed a potent, common-sense-impairing drug.

Except pointing out your hilarious miscalculation of the film's future box office potential isn't defending the film.

• Like 2