Noctis

MONDAY #'s: BATB $13.5m (Asgard)

3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Will easily gross a whole lot more than $400M. Likely will still gross comfortably over $500M too. I don't see any higher than $535M though.

He's a troll.  With very little box office knowledge.  Comparing BvS first HOLIDAY monday to BaTB non holiday Monday shows how BO acumen he possesses.

• Like 12

I think this is a perfectly fine number for BaTB. Saturday and Sunday showed the family appeal and so it plays like a family movie.

I don't think this will have a 175% jump on friday, but it will be fine with around 85-90m over the weekend.

Let's have a pessimistic look at things from here. 
175m WE

50m WD

85m WE
27m WD
42m WE
14m WD 

That would already put it at 393m coming from a 43m weekend and with easter still to come. It's a tough task to not get to 500m from here I think. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrMarosa said:

Less than BvS’s first Monday and in line with CW’s first Monday. Buh-bye, 500 million. 

Even with the whole ”but its a family film!!!" thing, this ain’t making a whole lot more than 400.

I know you've already been dragged to the moon and back for this, but that piece of shit movie's first Monday was a holiday, and I sincerely hope you're not implying that Beauty and the Beast is not going to have infinitely better legs.

• Like 2

ow 175

1st mon-thu 13.5+17+12+10.5 = 53 (cume 228)

2nd wknd 26+38+26 = 91 [-48.5%] (cume 319)

2nd mon-thu 8+10.5+6.75+5.75 = 31 (cume 350)

3rd wknd 50 [-45%] (cume 400)

could be close to 400 by the 3rd weekend. should at least get there during 3rd mon-thu.

Edited by a2knet

I don't see why BATB wouldn't hit $100M this weekend. It's a family film during a time when the majority of kids are back at school except for the few who have spring break this week. And it has very little competition especially from the new comers. Power Rangers will not be a threat to BATB. Life is a movie not aimed at BATB's target audience. And no one gives a crap about CHiPS from what I have observed. So why wouldn't BATB make $100M+ its second weekend especially when it's already shown us that it's not front loaded one bit. 

12 minutes ago, Gopher said:

What the week looks like to me - 

17 Tues

11.5 Wed

10.5 Thurs

23 Fri

36 Sat

27 Sun

86 mil weekend (-52%)

Id like to bookmark both our predictions. Itll probably come out somewhere in the middle. :)

46 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Baumer, I would be on the 100m train if it wasn't for PR coming out which will take some of the family audience that "might" have gone to BATB. I just can't see it falling harder than 50% though. 

Every time I read PR I think of Pacific Rim. That's a prove how much I am awaiting that Power Rangers movie

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

I know you've already been dragged to the moon and back for this, but that piece of shit movie's first Monday was a holiday, and I sincerely hope you're not implying that Beauty and the Beast is not going to have infinitely better legs.

We really need to stop with this Easter Monday is a holiday thing.  It isn't a federal holiday and most schools are not out on Easter Monday.  It's just the day after a holiday.

Here,deadline wrote and article for @MrMarosa 

http://deadline.com/2017/03/beauty-and-the-beast-second-bests-march-monday-box-office-batman-v-superman-1202047652/

Also,Can we say now that Watson has somehow became America's sweetheart 16 year after her debut?

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Beauty and The Panda said:

If the second weekend is over 100m I'd say upper 500m range to 600m is possible.  If 85m - 95m then it's probably headed for 500 - 550m total.

That would be great.

BTW,i keep pushing these huge predictions but i woukd be totally fine with something like 450-475M DOM.The fact that a female-centric family film is doing bussiness that only the biggest male-led superhero films have made is crazy in itself.