baumer

Tuesday #s BaTB 18m (Damien has spoken) Asgard

13 minutes ago, franfar said:

I've noticed this happens rarely when Rth give numbers, or if EmpireCity gives the inside scoop on a movie. Once, a new member asked why we should believe EmpireCity, and some people just piled onto him bc "he's a trusted member you troll" instead of actually explaining

Perhaps.

I remember that incident and it was more the new members insistence in post after post that RTH/EC prove they were insiders to him before he would let it go.

A bigger problem is that new users rarely understand the difference between numbers threads and the Movie/Review threads.

WOM/GA reactions are used in numbers threads to help predict Box Office but in general members personal feelings about a movie belong in the main Movie/Review threads.

We're human ( except for @Rth and the Beast ) so it happens.  

But when a member... especially a new member... over and trashes a movie in the numbers thread while at the same time making wild predictions based on their hate/love for a movie it tends to cause a ruckus.

Its up to staff and the experienced members to educate new members.

With the IMDB forums closing I think we expected the worst from new members and maybe are a little quick to judge them.  I'm guilty of this also.

But back on topic...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, MrMarosa said:

Also, saying that a film is intellectually lazy is very different from allegedly wanting ”intellectually challenging” films only. Heck, I loved Twilight and Transformers, and those films are anything but IC. I also look forward to Black Panther and Wonder Woman. Anyway, this is my last post about this. Sorry again for acting like a jerk. :(

If you think for a moment that any of the Twilights or Transformers were better than BaTB....LOL.

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

If you think for a moment that any of the Twilights or Transformers were better than BaTB....LOL.

Most of them are.

• Like 4

Walt Disney Pictures‘ Beauty and the Beast added an impressive $17.9 million domestically and $18.2 million internationally on Tuesday, for a global take of $36.1 million in one day. This means that the live-action adaptation has now grossed $206.2 million in North American and $222.3 million overseas, for a worldwide total of $428.5 million.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/828601-beauty-and-the-beast-reaches-428-5-million-in-five-days#i156DMGiMxTqFEzi.99

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I agree; the 1991 animated classic BATB is a million times better than any of those. ;) 

20 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Walt Disney Pictures‘ Beauty and the Beast added an impressive $17.9 million domestically and $18.2 million internationally on Tuesday, for a global take of $36.1 million in one day. This means that the live-action adaptation has now grossed $206.2 million in North American and $222.3 million overseas, for a worldwide total of $428.5 million.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/828601-beauty-and-the-beast-reaches-428-5-million-in-five-days#i156DMGiMxTqFEzi.99

Top 5 all time 5 day gross domestically suprassing Civil War...the most impressive thing is that BaTB is a family an suprassed mid-week a Superhero film that opend higher

1 hour ago, Beauty and The Panda said:

I mean people are free to love Twilight or Transformers, but you'd be hard pressed to make an argument that they're any less intellectually lazy than a BATB remake.

I mean, he has a point. I don't like those franchises either, but what's lazier than carbon copying your source of inspiration (which in this case is the animated version)? I never saw TF or Twilight being accused of THAT.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

very big jumps for everything, but unusually high Tuesday jump for a BH Tilt horror production in Belko Experiment at 58%.  Btw, i appreciate no spoilers this weekend in the numbers thread.  I was able to watch Belko last night, on its 5th day of release, spoiler free.  thank you

21 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I just wanted to be sure that haters saw this.

Resultado de imagen de win gif

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

very big jumps for everything, but unusually high Tuesday jump for a BH Tilt horror production in Belko Experiment at 58%.  Btw, i appreciate no spoilers this weekend in the numbers thread.  I was able to watch Belko last night, on its 5th day of release, spoiler free.  thank you

That's because nobody saw Belko :lol: 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's because nobody saw Belko :lol: 

Belko is getting positive write ups for its BO performance in the analysis articles while Before I Fall is being called the latest 'teen flop'.  Both have a production cost of 5M and both opened above 4M.

Kong has a decent shot at 170. It could be 134-135 after this weekend of possibly 14-15.

If it gets close to 170, it will have added the same amount after the ow as Godzilla did.

The gap in their OWs was 32 (61 vs 93). Godzilla added ~107 more to it's ow. At ~168 Kong will have added the same.

• Like 2