baumer

Tuesday #s BaTB 18m (Damien has spoken) Asgard

39 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

So I guess those increases all around put that BatB Tuesday into perspective and we have to wait a couple of days, before we have a better clue, where the journey is going. 

I disagree. I think we have enough data right now to say that the film it's definitely going to challenge for 500 million. It's going to have a strong multiplier and 500 definitely seems doable with that Saturday number Sunday number and Tuesday number.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Eevin said:

We could see a drop a bit harsher than The Jungle Book, considering how it jumped a bit higher. $11.5m or thereabouts, if you ask me. 

I thought this too. 

It's hard to say because I can equally see both scenarios (either $12M+ or around $11.5M). I guess at the end of the day between $11.5M and $12M is a pretty safe bet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

I disagree. I think we have enough data right now to say that the film it's definitely going to challenge for 500 million. It's going to have a strong multiplier and 500 definitely seems doable with that Saturday number Sunday number and Tuesday number.

Yeah, $500M really isn't a question anymore. It's when it will hit it that is.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

It seems likely that it'll be in the TDK/R1 range. It's possible the legs are shorter and it ends up down near Finding Dory. It's also possible the legs are stronger and it's in the vacant zone between 550 and 600m.

• Like 1

Just saw BatB and I can understand the insane WOM. I used to not analyse the movies I watched, but this place made me change that a bit (thanks for making me not enjoy TF4 as much as I should have<_<). But BatB was one of those movies that is just pure joy to watch. I had sooo much fun that I forgot to analyse anything. The last time in recent memory I remember feeling that way was with Fantastic Beasts. I actually think I prefer this version to the animation! 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

It seems likely that it'll be in the TDK/R1 range. It's possible the legs are shorter and it ends up down near Finding Dory. It's also possible the legs are stronger and it's in the vacant zone between 550 and 600m.

Basically, the range is very wide and we're in unchartered territory.

23 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Basically, the range is very wide and we're in unchartered territory.

Sort of?

I mean, it's unpredictable, because we're only 5 days into the film's run, and there are a lot of paths it could go, but the ~100m range of possible outcomes is only that large because the film is so big. If I looked at Logan 5 days into its run and said it's final total is probably going to be between 190 and 230m, that wouldn't seem that ridiculous, or that wide, but it's about the same, relatively speaking.