FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Pretty sure this and the Baywatch film coming out this summer are just trying to cash in on the success of Jump Street movies.

I think Baywatch will be a much bigger success though.

19 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Part of the reason Holocaust movies are kinda lame is that outside the Pianist they're usually from the perspective of non-Jews instead of the people actually suffering. It'd be like making a slavery movie from the perspective of everyone beside slaves. Wait, that's exactly what Hollywood did until 2013? There we go. 

lol there's a "holocaust film' coming out this year or next year that focuses on the romance between a SS officer and a biracial black girl. When I heard about I was like what? (I know black people were also suffered but still) 

It's very rare for Holocaust films to actually be about Jews.

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Honestly for me it goes back to who the Hell thought it was a good idea to make a CHiPS movie??? Its not like the show is still thought of as great (nor was it at the time it aired....) seriously it is films like that coupled with ones like BATB that shout to the world about how much originality is not valued by the studios.

Was Jump Street considered great ? I would imagine that Jump Street giant success would have people develop and try to sell tv show adaptation project to the studio, Warner already owned the rights I imagine the tv show having been distributed by them at the time, not a bad studio decision. Failed execution.

• Like 1

@grim22

And what do you know - The Pianist and Life is Beautiful are two of the best films on the Subject.

I think those two with Schindler's List make the Trifecta of Holocaust film making on a wide scale. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is good but it never broke beyond the Indie crowd.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, the128boy said:

August will always be at a disadvantage because there is the back to school dip eventually.

If scheduled right, March can play big all month long.

August legs are traditionally quite good, not only because it's still summer school days for much of the country (including the very populated North East) but because there's so little competition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ban1o said:

lol there's a "holocaust film' coming out this year or next year that focuses on the romance between a SS officer and a biracial black girl. When I heard about I was like what? (I know black people were also suffered but still) 

It's very rare for Holocaust films to actually be about Jews.

You know, I actually can't help but wonder if the number of movies made about the Holocaust hasn't unintentionally trivialized it. As horrific as it was, hearing about it on a regular basis can deaden the impact. The movies being largely predictable melodrama doesn't help either.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

August legs are traditionally quite good, not only because it's still summer school days for much of the country (including the very populated North East) but because there's so little competition.

Just seems to me that the first half of the month HAS to be big for it to be a big month overall. How many big films are ever scheduled in the last half? Some outliers, but very few usually.

Just now, the128boy said:

Just seems to me that the first half of the month HAS to be big for it to be a big month overall. How many big films are ever scheduled in the last half? Some outliers, but very few usually.

Unless I am mistaken this August is a waste land. I cant think of a big movie opening then. Which is odd to me. 

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Unless I am mistaken this August is a waste land. I cant think of a big movie opening then. Which is odd to me. 

It's odd especially after the recent success of GOTG and SS. 

BOM has an Untitled Disney Fairy Tale on July 28th but that's not happening that I know of.  Otherwise there's Dark Tower, Annabelle and The Emoji movie....

Valerian should move.  It still wont big but it might be respectable.  Dunkirk would do better there as well.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, the128boy said:

River Rain can't hear you over the sound of all these monie$$$

1 show down here and 0 sold.  Next show in 45 minutes and it's not looking good, either.  We are Bible Belt and UK Wildcat country but that doesn't mean anyone cares about this film.

Edited by Rolling Thunder