BOT's TOP 100 Film Scores: The Threequel: COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (#1 Page 36!)

4 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Which is way better than most of the scores you'll hear in movies today.

You're right, but still, this isn't a "Top Film Scores You'll Hear in Movies Today". I can think of, at least, 10 other John Williams scores that are better than TFA, and that's not even counting the actual Star Wars scores. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

You're right, but still, this isn't a "Top Film Scores You'll Hear in Movies Today". I can think of, at least, 10 other John Williams scores that are better than TFA, and that's not even counting the actual Star Wars scores. 

Well, most if not all of them will probably follow

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, Beauty and The Panda said:

Wtf?  People know this is a greatest score list right?

Yeah, and its one of the best scores I have ever heard. You people with your Silvestri hate. I don't wanna listen to music with most of you.

1 hour ago, Beauty and The Panda said:

You know you're allowed to vote for scores that pre-date 2000, right?

You mean there was actual film music pre-2000 that wasn't composed by Williams or Zimmer? I'm shocked!

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

One interesting thing is that a score I have occasionally seen mentioned in high regard around these parts ended up not getting a single vote on any list.

:ph34r:

Will you tell us the score after you finish the full countdown?

2 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

How about revealing every score that got at least a vote at the end? 

Possibly.

Anyways, got home from work only about 30 minutes ago so definitely no countdown update tonight.

Will do an update of 5 in the morning though to make up for it.

• Like 5

Back in action!

Image result for the wait is over gif

Spoiler

Laura (1944)

Original Music by David Raskin

257 Points

2015 Placement: NEW

Coming up now is one of our older inclusions on the countdown, and a new one at that. Originally, the studio wanted to use a Duke Ellington tune as the main theme for the movie, but the composer Raskin was able to convince the studio and director Otto Preminger to use original music. Given a weekend to compose an original theme for the film, the result was a jazz work that has been countlessly covered and played by numerous artists of the time. So sometimes big pressure can lead to a big legacy.

• Like 9

This one I never ever saw coming until it was there to stay

Spoiler

Rocky IV (1985)

Original Music by Vince DiCola

261 Points

Now this was a surprise. I mean, Rocky itself did very well on the 2015 countdown, but Rocky IV? Apparently it picked up a ton of love from those taking part this time around. Rocky IV is the only one of the 6 Rocky films to not be scored by Bill Conti, as Conti was tied up in work for other films at the time. Likewise, most of Conti's main themes for the series only make fleeting appearances in the music for this film.

• Like 6

Spoiler

Spirited Away (2001)

Original Music by Joe Hisaishi

263 Points

Top 10 Placements: 2

This makes three new countdown entries in a row, and for the first time a countdown with two Miyazaki/Hisaishi collabs. The new blood helped this film leapfrog its older sibling Princess Mononoke into just short of the Top 2/3 of the countdown. Upon the film's initial release in Japan the film score received several awards and widespread acclaim. Hisaishi's work with the piano in many of the tracks provides a grounded, sad tone to the film.

• Like 7