Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

Just now, grim22 said:

We will see, you know how much I hate predicting based just on trailer views, it is a flawed metric. If trailer views translated to box office, Power Rangers would have more than doubled Kong domestic. Some franchises just skew much older that trailer views just cannot be taken as the be all end all.

If reviews are decent and WB works some Kong-like magic, 30M could happen, but I don't see it.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Another thing to note: why has the last Apes trailer been performing so poorly? It came out two weeks ago and only has 3.9M views on the main Fox channel. The highest non-Fox video has 570k views, so it's not like POTC where the views are spread over multiple videos.

Apes trailer opened the day after Spidey. Apes has gotten great reactions from when I saw Logan, I can see this appealing to the GA more than social media.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Call me crazy but for domestic:

TI2 > AIW > JW2.

You've gone completely insane

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Another thing to note: why has the last Apes trailer been performing so poorly? It came out two weeks ago and only has 3.9M views on the main Fox channel. The highest non-Fox video has 570k views, so it's not like POTC where the views are spread over multiple videos.

People finally realized how much better the Burton movie was. S/

• Like 1

Ugh, the new Atomic Blonde trailer is flopping on YT with 600k views after 2 days :sadben: It's a good move by Universal to attach the trailer with F8, but this might have a similar performance to the first John Wick instead of Chapter 2. I'm surprised they aren't putting "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF JOHN WICK" in the trailers.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Ugh, the new Atomic Blonde trailer is flopping on YT with 600k views after 2 days :sadben: It's a good move by Universal to attach the trailer with F8, but this might have a similar performance to the first John Wick instead of Chapter 2. I'm surprised they aren't putting "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF JOHN WICK" in the trailers.

ENOUGH WITH THE TRAILER VIEWS

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Especially since all of those films are potential blockbuster films. Dude should slow-down or at least try to maybe do a smaller film. I know he excels in blockbusters and he's not a "great actor", but really. 

I'm not sure if he could do a smaller film as he isn't as versatile as say Will Smith, saying that a comedy that isn't action based would be good for him, he's proven he can be funny. I'd like to see try a drama or a thriller but he might stick out like a sore thumb 

Quick reactions on some summer movies from my friend who worked at Irvine Spectrum and has seen the test screenings for most of them (not to be taken as gospel):

King Arthur - he liked it, Jude Law is apparently pretty hammy. Said the effects were unfinished and this wasn't the only version they were testing

Alien - Pretty violent, will appeal to the fans let down by Prometheus

Baywatch - apparently pretty funny and a lot of jokes back to back. Very mild-R

Wonder Woman - he really liked it, 2nd act could use some tightening

Apes - liked it, but very intense apparently

Wimpy Kid - harmless

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It is Adult skewing franchise. It will

be fine 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

ENOUGH WITH THE TRAILER VIEWS

Image result for nevah gif

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Quick reactions on some summer movies from my friend who worked at Irvine Spectrum and has seen the test screenings for most of them (not to be taken as gospel):

King Arthur - he liked it, Jude Law is apparently pretty hammy. Said the effects were unfinished and this wasn't the only version they were testing

Alien - Pretty violent, will appeal to the fans let down by Prometheus

Baywatch - apparently pretty funny and a lot of jokes back to back. Very mild-R

Wonder Woman - he really liked it, 2nd act could use some tightening

Apes - liked it, but very intense apparently

Wimpy Kid - harmless

Any more details on the different versions of King Arthur? If they're radically different, that can't be a good sign.

Edit: It's already rated PG-13, so I'm assuming the final cut has been selected

Edited by WrathOfHan

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm not sure if he could do a smaller film as he isn't as versatile as say Will Smith, saying that a comedy that isn't action based would be good for him, he's proven he can be funny. I'd like to see try a drama or a thriller but he might stick out like a sore thumb 

I think he's been typecasted as buff hero guy for a while now. Would be cool to see him try a straight-up drama, but if he did try to do a drama it wouldn't happen anytime soon at this rate.

• Like 1