Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

17 minutes ago, grim22 said:

F6 made 6.5M from late shows in 2013. I think it only had 10pm and later shows though.

Yeah that sounds right - cause we went to a sold out 10PM that night and it was the first showing (If memory serves right.)

Also your 112m sounds reasonable and when looking at the projection of Films 4-6 it actually makes sense whereas F7 is and always will be an outlier.

9 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Yeah that sounds right - cause we went to a sold out 10PM that night and it was the first showing (If memory serves right.)

Also your 112m sounds reasonable and when looking at the projection of Films 4-6 it actually makes sense whereas F7 is and always will be an outlier.

Like F7 this is Easter w/e which means a front loaded multiplier with many people off on Friday.

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Like F7 this is Easter w/e which means a front loaded multiplier with many people off on Friday.

Your point being? I am well aware of how this weekend operates. Depending on the size of the previews F8 could drop 30%+ on Saturday which is why the Friday number matters so much.

If referring to F6 - it was a discussion on when the previews started not a straight up comparison *eye roll*

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Your point being? I am well aware of how this weekend operates. Depending on the size of the previews F8 could drop 30%+ on Saturday which is why the Friday number matters so much.

If referring to F6 - it was a discussion on when the previews started not a straight up comparison *eye roll*

You mentioned F7 being an outlier and I thought you meant in terms of multiplier and that F8 might follow F5 or F6 rather than F7.

I'm sorry you took umbrage at some assumed impugning of your box office acumen.  *eyeroll*

45 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

You mentioned F7 being an outlier and I thought you meant in terms of multiplier and that F8 might follow F5 or F6 rather than F7.

I'm sorry you took umbrage at some assumed impugning of your box office acumen.  *eyeroll*

Touche ;)

F7 is an outlier as far as its opening and gross are concerned. Whereas F8 is looking to be the natural "progression" that we had going with 4-6. 

7 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

If the numbers don't improve its heading for a much bigger drop than I thought. Under 100m is possible at this point, ouch.

I'd still be surprised with under F6. Friday will play larger regardless so it's not a time to panic - yet. 

Fast films are always, always, very backloaded. I still see 110-115m which is perfectly fine after the outlier of Furious 7. In fact , low 100m is what F7 would have opened without Walker's fatality.

My two cents:

OW: 110m

DOM: 255m (bit lower multiplier than F7)

CHINA: 450m (400-500m likely)

OS-China: 540m (-30% from F7. Seems like a consistent drop behavior in most countries released so far)

WW: 1.245:jeb!:

Remove China from the WW total and you still have an 800m grosser that outgrosses every Fast film except F7. 

• Like 6