Eevin

A Really Boring Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: F8 38.7M | Boss Baby 12.8M | Beauty and the Beast 10M | everything else bombing terribly

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Holy crap

movie could have been really, really great with a few simple changes

The movie  was great.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Young Adult is about Young Adults, hence, Star Wars.

Simple really.

Which is why 99% of movies considered Young Adult are based on Young Adult books.

Must be purely a coincidence.

Most certainly.

3 hours ago, drdungbeetle said:

Twilight is NOT four quadrant in any way. It does have a periphery demo of adult women but basically no male fans. And it was originally marketed to female teens=YA

Who said it was?

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

The movie  was great.

I mean sure it was good, I enjoyed it enough. But it could have been so much more to be honest, it could have been something that resonated rather than just an enjoyable time with some likeable actors in an appealing setting.

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

I mean sure it was good, I enjoyed it enough. But it could have been so much more to be honest, it could have been something that resonated rather than just an enjoyable time with some likeable actors in an appealing setting.

Well, I personally disagree.

2 hours ago, drdungbeetle said:

Rangers is gonna lose lots of theaters!!! BAHAHAHAHAHA, and it won't even hit 90 mil! Then my enemies will be destroyed by the glorious TP Mummy Army, and Age of Rust collective. I will rule this board as a Philosopher-King and all will bow to my wisdom!

Literally you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Holy crap

movie could have been really, really great with a few simple changes

It's funny, he complains Passengers is too predictable when the proposed changes would make the movie about 10 times more predictable. Plus, in his "little" rearranging, Passengers would be robbed of the most interesting element going for it, so no thanks, not interested in another depthless space thriller.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, Goffe said:

It's funny he complains Passengers is too predictable when his changes would make the movie about 10 times more predictable.  In his "little" rearranging, Passengers would be robbed of the most interesting element going for it. So, no thanks, I'm not interested in another depthless space thriller.

I was thinking the same thing. Did he really suggest that turning Chris Pratt's character into a horror movie villian would be more interesting? Also, I don't think that changing to Jennifer Lawrence's perspective would make the movie more mysterious and intriguing; rather it would make it trite and predictable because it would be super obvious to the audience what had happened. At that point, you're also changing the genre to one that the writer did not want to explore in the first place.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

Willis's career is so weird. He commands a lot of money even now (he fell out of Expendables 3 because he wanted 3M for 3 days instead of 2M), he obviously does not care about script or anything, just how much money is coming his way.

Yeah, for those DTV movies, I think I read he got $1M/day thus why he's usually in the same suit on the same set for the entirety of the movie.

Oh and on Nic Cage, you know that old scene where he does the ABCs? He almost matches that recently in a movie called Arsenal (starring Adrien Grennier as well as John Cusack who, like Cage, probably only filmed for one day).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

She got a lot of backlash for things (like withdrawing her name from the Emmys, citing not being happy with the writing of her character on Grey's Anatomy) nobody would bat an eyelash if a man did the same things. So industry-based sexism, in a way.

The Knocked Up comments not long after the movie came out were a poor choice, though. Trashing the critically-acclaimed box office smash that made you famous is a bad look for anybody.

It also didn't help that her mother was her manager for a while, and she was very difficult and demanding. 

Her career tanking like it did was almost entirely of her own doing. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3