That One Girl

Welcome to Marwen | Dec. 21, 2018 | Universal | Steve Carrell, Leslie Mann, Diane Kruger, Janelle Monae

36 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

The documentary based off this story was terrific, and I thought it might have made an outstanding feature film back in the day. What Zemeckis has done here, actually looks quite charming. 

The bits with the figures will take some getting used to but its look good. 

Just now, The Incredible Panda said:

This looks like what you’d get if you took all of Zemeckis’ worst qualities and put them in a movie

yeah there's unbelievable schmaltz and creepy looking animated characters. wonder how any of the actors were able to focus when Zemeckis had a RAGING BONER on set the entire time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/20/2018 at 8:40 PM, filmlover said:

I actually dig the animation style they're going for but the movie looks kinda all over the place tonally. I got a Downsizing vibe tbh. Here's hoping it's much better than that.

God, I hope it's not like Downsizing. I was so excited for that film and despite a great first hour, it goes downhill and just becomes such a disappointment. 

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It looks like a potential failed Oscar bait, but I will watch anything that's inspired by Zack Snyder's work. Sucker Punch is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Pretty sure it's inspired by the book that was written about it.   There's also a documentary on the same subject