kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

5 minutes ago, fmpro said:

BOM just postet this

Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War brought in an estimated $10.37 million, landing in fourth position as it kicks off its sixth weekend in release with a domestic cume that now stands at $642.8 million. Internationally, the film added another $24.3 million this weekend, pushing its overseas cume to $1.33 billion for a global tally that is now just ~$35 million shy of becoming only the fourth film to have ever topped $2 billion worldwide. The film is still yet to be released in Japan where it hits theaters at the end of June.

Good one BOM :hahaha:

I saw that too, I was like: what but it already released in japan

15 minutes ago, fmpro said:

BOM just postet this

Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War brought in an estimated $10.37 million, landing in fourth position as it kicks off its sixth weekend in release with a domestic cume that now stands at $642.8 million. Internationally, the film added another $24.3 million this weekend, pushing its overseas cume to $1.33 billion for a global tally that is now just ~$35 million shy of becoming only the fourth film to have ever topped $2 billion worldwide. The film is still yet to be released in Japan where it hits theaters at the end of June.

Japan is coming to save it. 

14 minutes ago, fmpro said:

BOM just postet this

Avengers 1 released in August, while 2 released in July, that could explain why BOM is under delusion of japanese will be the last one again to get IW.....

1) If DP2 release were to pushed back by one week, AIW would have a great chance of >700M Dom and > TFA WW (unadjusted).

2) If exchange rates were to be better wrt USD (such as a few months ago), AIW should be able to beat TFA WW (unadjusted).

2 hours ago, kswiston said:

Ya. It's 100%. With next week having no real direct competition domestically, and the week after being Fathers Day, the worst case scenario is $25M more domestically (I am expecting closer to $35M). Even in that scenario, it's impossible for OS + China to fail to bring in another $10M between them. 

GG2 did $33.2m more after post-MDW had a ($9.84m WE), AOU (bad legs) did an $11.4m WE and did $31.5m more.

IW did 10.37m (40% down from last week, we know disney love that -40%) and we also know that it will be $10.6m or more with actuals. Disney has underestimated IW weekend for 5 weeks now (since release). So $30m is the floor I think.

Edited by pepsa

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

BOM just postet this

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

I miss Ray Subers :whosad:

I was about to say so as well. The new people running the site are quasi-imbeciles.

• Thanks 1

So it is at 1.965B, Dom up $300k with actuals and OS up $1m with actuals so $1.966B.

Dom week: $11.7m ($1.15m Mon, $1.6m Tue, $1.07m Wed, $1m Thu, $1.8m Fri, $2.9m sat, $2.16m sun)

China (POTUS proj): (8.5m, 8m, 8.5m, 8.5m, 12m, 21m, 16m, TOT: 82.5m = $12.85m)

Those 2 markets would get IW up to $1.99B - $1.991B Only $9m-$10m more till 2B, I woudn't rule out getting $2B next weekend.

• Like 10

On 6/2/2018 at 8:10 PM, KenterKane said:

So much hate for Star Wars, i don´t really know why many of you want that Infinity beats TFA, Episode VII is a much better film than Avengers 3. If the Chinese had better taste, The Force Awakens could had been the #2 worldwide.

The Force Awakens - 5/10

Infinity War - 9/10

Thank You :) 

Also, I'm so glad IW will beat BP worldwide with only OS number. :D 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pepsa said:

So it is at 1.965B, Dom up $300k with actuals and OS up $1m with actuals so $1.966B.

Dom week: $11.7m ($1.15m Mon, $1.6m Tue, $1.07m Wed, $1m Thu, $1.8m Fri, $2.9m sat, $2.16m sun)

China (POTUS proj): (8.5m, 8m, 8.5m, 8.5m, 12m, 21m, 16m, TOT: 82.5m = $12.85m)

Those 2 markets would get IW up to $1.99B - $1.991B Only $9m-$10m more till 2B, I woudn't rule out getting $2B next weekend.

Absolutely amazing.

• Like 1

If A:IW crosses $2B WW this upcoming sunday, then it will tie Avatar's record for fastest to $2 billion (47 days). I think it's going to miss it (just) and probably cross it sometime next week. TFA took 54 days so it will definitely drop one spot on that fastest to $2B list (but due to worse late legs, IW probably won't match it's final gross).

Edited by Agafin
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2018 at 2:10 PM, KenterKane said:

So much hate for Star Wars, i don´t really know why many of you want that Infinity beats TFA, Episode VII is a much better film than Avengers 3. If the Chinese had better taste, The Force Awakens could had been the #2 worldwide.

TFA was a great film for what it set up.

The fact the part afterwards ruined that set up, diminishes it a lot in my eyes. 

someone on Reddit pointed out how AOU made 20m from Venezuela but because the currency broke the floor, Infinity War will only make about 2m. Wow, 20m from Venezuela would have taken it over 2 billion already

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3