kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

Avengers - Infinity War Crazy Day One - Updated

Avengers - Infinity War grossed 30-30.50 crore nett apprx on day one which is thr highest first day of the year. It will probably be the tenth highrdt first day of all time including all Hindi releases. The occupamcy on day one is higher than Bahubali - The Conclusion and we probably have to go back to Koi Mil Gaya in 2003 when a film had such high occupancy on day one. 

There has been no Hollywood film that has even reached 15 crore nett before this film so its almost double their best in India. The collections have also come on just 2000 screens whereas films like Baaghi 2 and Padmaavat were released on 3500 screens.

Despite the 2000 screens, the capacity was built at especially at multiplexes with ATP's (Average Ticket Prices which were 30% higher than Baaghi 2.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3887

30cr 1st day means roughly 40cr gross which equates to 6 million dollars on first day. Since occupancy is 70-75% throughout India, I don't expect it to jump too much over the weekend but 20M is where it will land hopefully. WOM is absolutely bonkers here so I think it will cross 50 Million in India and beat TJB in the process.

• Astonished 6

38 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Avengers - Infinity War Crazy Day One - Updated

Avengers - Infinity War grossed 30-30.50 crore nett apprx on day one which is thr highest first day of the year. It will probably be the tenth highrdt first day of all time including all Hindi releases. The occupamcy on day one is higher than Bahubali - The Conclusion and we probably have to go back to Koi Mil Gaya in 2003 when a film had such high occupancy on day one. 

There has been no Hollywood film that has even reached 15 crore nett before this film so its almost double their best in India. The collections have also come on just 2000 screens whereas films like Baaghi 2 and Padmaavat were released on 3500 screens.

Despite the 2000 screens, the capacity was built at especially at multiplexes with ATP's (Average Ticket Prices which were 30% higher than Baaghi 2.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3887

30cr 1st day means roughly 40cr gross which equates to 6 million dollars on first day. Since occupancy is 70-75% throughout India, I don't expect it to jump too much over the weekend but 20M is where it will land hopefully. WOM is absolutely bonkers here so I think it will cross 50 Million in India and beat TJB in the process.

$50 million would be insane. More than 3 times what Age of Ultron made in India!

1 hour ago, The Mad Titan said:

I think it's doable. TA1 got to $809 million OS without China and this is beating it by upwards of 20% everywhere. 

You have to take into account exchange rates. Today, TA would have done a bit over $600m OS without China (not applying inflation). My guess is IW will do 750-800 without China.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, peludo said:

You have to take into account exchange rates. Today, TA would have done a bit over $600m OS without China (not applying inflation). My guess is IW will do 750-800 without China.

So you think its OS will be barely above $1 billion?

5 minutes ago, UserHN said:

TBH with China that is in a range of 1-1.1b OS which is very reasonable and what I expect too. Because its huge numbers will be somewhat offset by the worse ER rate that we have now

3 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

don't expect it to jump too much over the weekend but 20M is where it will land hopefully. WOM is absolutely bonkers here so I think it will cross 50 Million in India and beat TJB in the process.

50 mil usd too much for the screen count. 

But 30mil+ usd is more or less on the way maybe even closer to 35-40mil usd

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

No. It seems that China will explode. It is too early and we do not know how legs will be but I think it will go over 1.1b, maybe with a chance to 1.2b.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

So what is this heading for this weekend

71(+30%)

103 (+45%)

82(-20%)

Maybe 350m OS debut without China/Russia

If this is the case, 900M with out China will happen. 

Unless very frontloaded

Edited by pepsa

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

If it hits anything over 305 OS, coupled with the 230 DOM opening, Fast 8 can kiss the WW OW record bye bye..... AND IT WAS DONE WITHOUT CHINA :ohmygod:

Crazy..imagine if China opened this week with $180-200m :bourne:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

305M Os is very low, it's at 95M Only needs 210M more, and it came off a 55M thursday. And with india and mexico opening yesterday. (Friday) So the floor would be: Fri 65m, Sat 85m, Sun 65m. So atleast 310m OS. And that said we ll know the sk numbers in 4 hours and it will probably be around 1.3M admission: about $11.5m with "only" a $6.5m friday. Thats 5m increase in 1 market. So that 85m won't be to hard.  

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1