ddddeeee

HELLBOY | April 12 2019 | David Harbour

My concern is that the warped humor that was such a big reason why the first two films were so good is going to be lost without Del Toro.

And Mike Mignola seems not be involved like he was in the Del Toro films;he is not getting a producer or screenwriting credit like he did in the previous films;he credit is pretty much a courtesy "Created by" credit.

And no Abe Sapien or Liz Sherman is not a plus.

As a fan of the Hellboy comics, I will go see this, but my expectations are not high because of the big drop in the quality of the people behind the camera.

• Like 1

The release date will suffocate Hellboy for sure. It's crazy to have 3 superheroes films opening in April. One week after Shazaam and two weeks before Endgame, this film would not have enough air. It will end up like Hellboy 2 which got squeezed by The Dark Knight in 2008. I guess they might be working on the new release date before releasing the first trailer.

On 12/15/2018 at 9:26 AM, boxofficeth said:

The release date will suffocate Hellboy for sure. It's crazy to have 3 superheroes films opening in April. One week after Shazaam and two weeks before Endgame, this film would not have enough air. It will end up like Hellboy 2 which got squeezed by The Dark Knight in 2008. I guess they might be working on the new release date before releasing the first trailer.

That makes Shazam the Hancock of April 2019 :lol:

Srsly tho, the reason there is a near 11 year gap between films in this franchise is because the last one was sandwiched between two bigger superhero films. Why repeat the SAME mistake? Maybe Hellboy 2030 with Will Poulter will have an actual chance.

Edited by Spidey Freak