grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

On 10/16/2017 at 2:38 PM, KeepItU25071906 said:

Disney owns box-office and makes bad (not all  but most of them) movies. Sad and dark times(.

Umm like what exactly? Like the highly reviewed Pixar movies? Like the incredible Star Wars films with universal appeal? Or like the Marvel movies that haven't produced one movie with even close to bad reviews yet? Your comment has no basis in any reality. It's a great time to be a movie fan with Disney doing a fantastic job making sure every movie out is a great film.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Umm like what exactly? Like the highly reviewed Pixar movies? Like the incredible Star Wars films with universal appeal? Or like the Marvel movies that haven't produced one movie with even close to bad reviews yet? Your comment has no basis in any reality. It's a great time to be a movie fan with Disney doing a fantastic job making sure every movie out is a great film.

Boyhood is better than anything Disney has released ever.

49 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Image result for missed joke meme

On 10/10/2017 at 4:00 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Battle of the Sexes and The Princess and the Frog are gone.

The Foreigner: 4 (Average)

Happy Death Day: 4 (4th Smallest) (During the weekend, this is in an average auditorium and takes over the biggest and 3rd smallest at night)

Brave: 2 (3rd Smallest)

Blade Runner 2049: 8 (Flat; 5 2D/3 3D; Biggest, 2nd Biggest, Average, and 3rd Smallest)
American Made: 4 (Flat; Average)

Flatliners: 4 (Flat; 2nd Smallest)

It: 4 (Down 3; Average)

Kingsman: The Golden Circle: 4 (Flat; Average)

The LEGO Ninjago Movie: 4 (Flat; Smallest)

The Mountain Between Us: 4 (Down 1; Biggest and 2nd Biggest)

My Little Pony: The Movie: 4 (Down 1; Average)

Auditorium sizes for reference (all seats are recliners if you're wondering why they're small):  

Hide contents

Biggest: 124 seats

2nd Biggest: 113 seats

Average: 78 seats (6 auditoriums are this size)

4th Smallest: 69 seats

3rd Smallest: 67 seats

2nd Smallest: 63 seats

Smallest: 60 seats

Brave, Flatliners, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, and My Little Pony: The Movie are gone.

Geostorm: 4 (2 2D/2 3D; Average)

Only the Brave: 4 (2nd Biggest)

Same Kind of Different as Me: 4 (Average)

The Snowman: 4 (Average)

Tyler Perry's Boo 2! A Madea Hallowen: 4 (Biggest)

American Made: 4 (Flat; Smallest)

Blade Runner 2049: 4 (Down 4 and lost 3D; Average and 3rd Smallest)

The Foreigner: 4 (Flat; Average)

Happy Death Day: 4 (Flat; 4th Smallest)

It: 4 (Flat; Average)

The LEGO Ninjago Movie: 4 (Flat; 2nd Smallest)

The Mountain Between Us: 4 (Flat; Average and 3rd Smallest)

During the weekend, Madea has two screens (2nd Smallest and an average),The Foreigner is in the biggest, and Ninjago and It split the 2nd smallest.

Auditorium sizes for reference (all seats are recliners if you're wondering why they're small):  

Spoiler

Biggest: 124 seats

2nd Biggest: 113 seats

Average: 78 seats (6 auditoriums are this size)

4th Smallest: 69 seats

3rd Smallest: 67 seats

2nd Smallest: 63 seats

Smallest: 60 seats

Edited by WrathOfHan

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

The Florida Project is opening at a lot of theaters around me this weekend. 

Next week, it expands to 112 theaters. Surprisingly, that's more than Room and even Moonlight on their third weekends. Guess A24 really wants to maximise its potential before the November onslaught of arthouse releases.

Edited by CoolEric258

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Next week, it expands to 112 theaters. Surprisingly, that's more than Room and even Moonlight on their third weekends. Guess A24 really wants to maximise its potential before the November onslaught of arthouse releases.

Oh yes, definitely. A24 has a lot on their hands too: they'll be giving Lady Bird a big push and they'll probably give The Killing of a Sacred Deer somewhat of a push but I doubt that really goes anywhere.

Edited by filmlover

34 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Oh yes, definitely. A24 has a lot on their hands too: they'll be giving Lady Bird a big push and they'll probably give The Killing of a Sacred Deer somewhat of a push but I doubt that really goes anywhere.

Florida/Lady Bird/Disaster Artist will be the 3 they push. I don't think they have much plans to expand Sacred Deer that wide; the local chain by me removed it from their release schedule.