grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Nah, after Thursday's $11M, Deadline stuck to a $90M estimate...and tracking was the same $90M that week (per Deadline's article)...then midday Friday, it moved to $95M+, then $97.1M in Sat morning update...and finally $103M...

You have to assume Thor needs to beat both movies presales pretty handily for it to open at those movie's OW figures...but it will have a nice open month to make those sales, so Thor fans should take heart:)...

Fwiw never watched a marvel movie opening weekend and have yet to watch Thor 2 but I'll be at this for Thursday previews with 3 others.  I'm a hulk fan and specifically really like the planet hulk storyline.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rumpot said:

Fwiw never watched a marvel movie opening weekend and have yet to watch Thor 2 but I'll be at this for Thursday previews with 3 others.  I'm a hulk fan and specifically really like the planet hulk storyline.  

And you already have tickets, right?  That's the point made - this will be more pre-sale/less walk up than the other 2:)...

• Like 1

Next weekend's film's previews. Pretty dismal but hopefully things can pick up. 

Geostorm 0 870 0.0%
Tyler Perry Halloween 2 3 234 1.3%
Snowman 4 156 2.6%
Only the Brave 7 156 4.5%

32 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Next weekend's film's previews. Pretty dismal but hopefully things can pick up. 

Geostorm 0 870 0.0%
Tyler Perry Halloween 2 3 234 1.3%
Snowman 4 156 2.6%
Only the Brave 7 156 4.5%

I've seen a few Boo 2 sales on Pulse, one or two Only The Brave, nothing for the other two.

Edited by Boxofficerules

26 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Think? It will probably happen. I'll be surprised if Sony can't get the TC back to the initial 2,900 estimate with the relatively weak Blade Runner PTA.

I don't think blade runner will drop off a cliff with 50% less theaters as long as it keeps imax.  In fact most of the business is probably CA and NY anyway

11 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I don't think blade runner will drop off a cliff with 50% less theaters as long as it keeps imax.  In fact most of the business is probably CA and NY anyway

IMAX is going to Only the Brave and Geostorm this weekend.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

SW with the monster Buzz. To compare JL had 190k for its first trailer last week. 

My man Thor keeping up is so nice to see

SW trailer really turned its fortunes around after the underwhelming teaser. Thor 3 continues to overwhelm, though. brilliant marketing star to finish.

• Like 1