grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I do want to point out one thing about this. This is where Black Panther stood on Feb 9th, one week before release:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

50.20%

Infinity War has nearly sold as many tickets (3200+ vs 3800+) as of noon this morning.  Let that sink in for a sec.

Legit got goosebumps when reading that. Also let's not forget how far ahead of every other superhero film BP was via Deep Wang!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I do want to point out one thing about this. This is where Black Panther stood on Feb 9th, one week before release:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

50.20%

Infinity War has nearly sold as many tickets (3200+ vs 3800+) as of noon this morning.  Let that sink in for a sec.

So IW will definitely take the lead for most presales in 24 hours from Black Panther. That’s not surprising, but that it’s beating it in less than 8 hours is impressive. Black Panther was stronger on the east coast though. 

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating ‘Black Panther’

Avengers: Infinity War has already broken advance ticket sales records on Fandango becoming the best-selling superhero movie ever — and it only took six hours. Tickets went on sale at 6AM PST/9AM EST today.

Edit: oops, didn’t see it was already posted. 

Edited by Deja23
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Durden said:

What the actual fuck???

EDIT: Okay so what Deadline ACTUALLY means is that AIW outsold the first 24 hours of every other superhero in just 8 hours. Still absolutely crazy, but deadline's first line of that article is objectively incorrect.

Edited by feasby007

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The MCU is a success story of extraordinary scale. I mean, they have a real chance to release TWO 600M+ DOM/1,2B+ WW grossers within half a year. Thats madness lol.

It feels like yesterday that they were making history by breaking 200M OW for the 1st time ever... or putting obscure comic book characters like Iron Man and Guardians Of The Galaxy in the 300 DOM area.... or having three 300+ DOM and 850+ WW releases in the same year. And here we are, talking about how they could be the 1st franchise to have two movies in a year cross 200M OW, 500M DOM (don't know about 600 for IW), and 1B WW. Unbefuckinglievable.

Besides Harry Potter and Star Wars, MCU has got to be the most impressive franchise on a commercial standpoint ever. Critical standpoint doesn't lag much behind either tbh.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

What the actual fuck???

Misleading title (people misunderstood those click bait news about black panther quite a lot also because of how misleading they are), it outsold all SH movies first 24 hours of sales, it is not the biggest selling super heroes ever yet.

That one tidbit is funny:

–87% have seen all of the MCU movies.
–71% saw Black Panther on the big screen

Black Panther DVD and Blu-ray release date is estimated for May 2018 

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Misleading title (people misunderstood those click bait news about black panther quite a lot also because of how misleading they are), it outsold all SH movies first 24 hours or sales, it is not the biggest selling super heroes ever yet.

That one tidbit is funny:

–87% have seen all of the MCU movies.
–71% saw Black Panther on the big screen

Black Panther DVD and Blu-ray release date is estimated for May 2018 

Yeah, in 24 hours isn’t really as impressive. It’s what would be expected.

Ready Player One 110 1866 4.18%
Avengers 475 2806 16.93%

For the record, my theater took a couple of hours before all the other ones to have tickets up. Don't ask me when, since I don't quite remember, but selling this much in a few hours is very strong, with Friday night and Saturday being the strongest days.

Previews for IW at my theater:

7:00: 72/124

7:00 3D: 5/113

7:15: 29/78

7:30 3D: 0/78

7:45: 26/78

8:00 3D: 2/78

10:30: 2/124

10:30 3D: 0/113

Total: 136/786

These sales are 27% of what BP finished with and 40% of Ragnarok. no1curr about 3D here, so they'll gradually fill up over the next few weeks. More shows are bound to be added the week of release too

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

50.20%

These numbers are insane.

I think we have confirmation that BP actually amplified the already legendary hype for IW.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

Gonna do a full update later tonight.

But for right now:

Greater Sacramento Infinity War Report:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

37.09%

One showing has two seats left and six others are front two rows or less.

No comps to BP or TLJ as I wasn't tracking that early for either run, but that 3200+ tickets have been sold already is, obviously, a VERY good sign for IW

Laundry night tonight, so the full report will be on the later side (post 10pm probably), but another quick update.

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

46.25%

(tracking 10 theaters will full reserved seating plus two more with partial reserved seating and three theaters without reserved seating)

More or less since Noon/1pm.  Probably will start slowing down now, but this is a hella impressive first day.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

(xpost with the main Infinity War thread)

GREATER SACRAMENTO SELLOUT UPDATE: T-41 Days and counting  

Sellouts: 

1/103 (+1/+103)

2D:  0/65 (+0/+65)

3D:  1/38 (+1/+38)        

<<Reserved Theater Info: 70 showings [+70]>>

Almost Sold Out (95%+ sold out)

0 (nc)         

Nearly Sold Out (90% to 94% sold out)

1 (+1)

Front Two Rows Only (or equivalent)

16 (+16)

Heavily Sold (75% to 89% sold out)

0 (nc)

Weekend Showings

Fr: 0/214 (+0/+214)    

St: 0/215 (+0/+215)

Su: 0/209 (+0/+209)  

Reserved Seating Breakdown (70/103 showings [+70/+103]):

100%:     1 (+1)

90-99%:  1 (+1)

80-89%:  8 (+8)

70-79%:  6 (+6)

60-69%: 11 (+11)

50-59%: 6 (+6)

40-49%: 6 (+6)

30-39%: 10 (+10)

20-29%: 6 (+6)

10-19%: 1 (+1)

0-9%:    14 (+14)

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

45.83%

As I said over in the mothership thread, simply a monster day for IW in the Greater Sacramento area.  IW has already sold more tickets than BP had on the Monday before it was released:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

54.51%

4662 tickets sold (and counting) versus a cumulative 4513.

Yeah.  Good day for Marvel.  Just a bit, that is. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1