grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

I didn't really worry because of its Pulse numbers and what was said here about Mission: Impossible not needing great presales but I also wondered when it will finally appear at MT. But now it's climbing pretty fast, 13.1% now :).
Of course all had different competitive situations but The Equalizer 2 also only appeared around the same time as M: I 6 (= with the first update after the freezing) on Thursday with 6.1%. 3 hours later The Equalizer 2 had ca. 7%, 6 hours later around 8%. Skyscraper didn't appear at MT before Thursday evening (EST) with 6.7%.

M: I 6: Pulse: 153 and 165/5 minutes at the moment (The Equalizer2 at ca. the same daytime 80-85 tickets, Skyscraper around 50).

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

The AMC megaplex near me has MI:F playing at 7:00 in both the Dolby auditorium and the IMAX auditorium. Dolby has sold 102 tickets while IMAX has sold 39. Dolby has recliners, though

Dolby is a much, much better experience than LieMAX too.

Teen Titans start at 4pm.  3 showings on Thursday.  Which one will be the most crowded?

4pm?

630pm?

900pm?

How about Mi6?  Will 7pm be sold out and 10pm empty?

Maybe the early bird will be sold out tomorrow with the wheelchair crowd scrambling to get in to the next Tom Cruise M:I film.... then giving great live audience reactions to the film, and then when they leave, their smile turns upside down as they all tell each other they don't care for Tom Cruise very much but it was a fun film anyways...

Edited by dmatrixfilm1715

58 minutes ago, dmatrixfilm1715 said:

Teen Titans start at 4pm.  3 showings on Thursday.  Which one will be the most crowded?

4pm?

630pm?

900pm?

How about Mi6?  Will 7pm be sold out and 10pm empty?

Maybe the early bird will be sold out tomorrow with the wheelchair crowd scrambling to get in to the next Tom Cruise M:I film.... then giving great live audience reactions to the film, and then when they leave, their smile turns upside down as they all tell each other they don't care for Tom Cruise very much but it was a fun film anyways...

So far, both my locals TTG's are most sold for 6:30pm...in fact, one added a 6:45pm already this morning, even though it was lightly sold at 6:30pm (so they are betting on a big turnout at that time)...

I'm gonna update this post in 10 minutes with the "almost showtime" 4pm sales...

EDIT: Crud, my mom called and I missed it - sigh:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Mission Impossible Fallout 419 3195 13.11%

46% of Thor: Ragnarok (56.3M)

194% of Ready Player One (81M)

25% of Deadpool 2 (31.2M)

39% of Solo (32.7M)

31% of Jurassic World 2 (45.5M)

63% of Ant-Man 2 (47.8M)

101% of Equalizer 2 (36.3M)

This should do better than presales suggest, since this is a walk-up driven franchise, so something around Thor: Ragnarok, maybe even higher, seems like the likely result.

This theater isn't getting Teen Titans Go.

• Like 5

Hotel Transylvania 3 blew all the other July/August Thursday preview #s out of the water for animated films.  

It almost played more like a regular film

Anyones guess with Teen Titans.  Nut Job 2 #s all the way to Star Wars Clone Wars #s.

and then it could still go under 10M on the weekend.  

Edited by dmatrixfilm1715

Now 24% :).

It wasn't easy to not miscount (and in case of doubt I always don't count the ticket to be on the safe side) but M: I 6 sold not less than 234 tickets in 5 minutes of Pulse watching. Then I counted again to be sure: This time it were 257/5 minutes. Which is ca. twice as much as The Equalizer 2 which had 121/5 minutes at the same daytime. I'm now really optimistic that it crosses the 70M mark (my new prediction is 75M and I didn't believe that in the last weeks to be honest).

Edited by el sid
  • Thanks 1