grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Well I got about three hours sleep.  That's all anyone needs, right???

Don't answer that. :lol:

Anywho it's a good thing I DID get up so early as I was able to get the info for Studio Movie Grill Rocklin which wasn't up yet when I crashed.  Got the initial info just before a legitimate sellout happened.

As for the two showings in the quoted box, it's the damnedest thing.  I checked my records and I attempted to get the auditorium numbers at precisely 5am my time (Fandango actually went live about 10 min early for me, allowing me a massive head start on collecting info - and I never got queued overnight, probably because I was hitting West Coast servers).  And there's no real reason for them to be sold out when 'better' showtimes at the same theatre were open.

But here's the weird part.  This is a fully reserved seating theater.  But these two showings are listed as NON-reserved seating; both on Fandango and on Cinemark.  I was just so tired last night that I didn't even notice it (though I went back and checked my archived info and it was non-reserved then as well so I just plain missed it).

I've seen this very rarely and it often leads to cock-ups.

I am about 70% sure that there were listed as sold out in error.  The only other logical option is that these were bought out before Fandango went live vja a massive group sale, though why that would shift them to non-reserved I have no idea.

So I'm not sure how to treat them.  Since they were listed as non-reserved, I couldn't have ever gotten the seat charts, so I suppose I could treat it as a sellout at a non-reserved theater.  On the other hand, the possibility of it being an error is pretty large.  

What I might do is kinda keep it in reserve and see if any of the screens are unclaimed as opening night approached.  If they all are claimed, I know it was an error.  If two are unclaimed, I can figure out what's missing and reverse-engineer it.

Anywho, I just did a verification and I have all of the info I need to make my seat charts. 👍 Probably take me a couple of hours to translate everything into seat info, especially if I get queued over at Fandango.

I'll make my initial report later tonight at the usual time, though if I get any juicy info from my initial pass this morning, I might pass it along.  Just depends on how grumpy I am from lack of sleep. :lol:

Thank you. 

• Like 1

Hourly increase of roughly 20% the non-AEG block, compared to 30% last hour. I think hourly increases may level off to around 10% of them, go until 10PM or so, would get up to low 70s.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Hmm Shazam is behind Unplanned on MY. Doesn’t seem very good 

It was on MT nr 5 yesterday that is a good sign it already popped up there on mondays. And it was nr 1 on PULSE before Endgame. Right now its probably nr 2 after Endgame there.

9 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

HOLY SHIT!!!! :ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

... dayum    

MT 63.3 btw, slowing down as expected.  

Edit: Hmm, only increased by 5% of the non-AEG block. Might be discount Tuesday kicking in for the current release, will make comparison a bit harder.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2