grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Just now, Nova said:

How? 

I’m trying to find the rest of the ticket comparisons from DW as I don’t know if it’s good or bad.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m trying to find the rest of the ticket comparisons from DW as I don’t know if it’s good or bad.

Scratch that, I jumped the gun. It’s solid, as I think Coco was at 1M the same point in time.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

On 2/12/2019 at 6:05 PM, Deep Wang said:

0rS6vFY.png

Aquaman did 2M 

MPR did 1.5 

are others one off the top of my head from the Monday before release (MPR was a Wednesday release though and of course Aqauman had the holidays so its presales were more spread out. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Scratch that, I jumped the gun. It’s solid, as I think Coco was at 1M the same point in time.

Is Coco really a great comparison though? Pokemon has a dedicated fanbase, and Coco had superior reviews/WOM which drives walkups. 

8 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

DP - 1.5m

JW3 - 1.2m

A - 722k

RM - 97k

SLOP2 - 26k

SM:FFH - 550k

RIP Pokémon. It was good while it lasted. 50M OW is the ceiling at this point.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

RIP Pokémon. It was good while it lasted. 50M OW is the ceiling at this point.

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Pretty safe to say DP at least is opening to 60+ at this point imo. 

The duality of BOT on display right here.

Edited by Mulder
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

Aquaman did 2M 

MPR did 1.5 

are others one off the top of my head from the Monday before release (MPR was a Wednesday release though and of course Aqauman had the holidays so its presales were more spread out. 

For the Aquaman comp, would the holiday making PS more spread out imply that the PS-OW multiplier would be smaller for Aquaman compared to most movies? Like the OW would be smaller then the PS would expect?

4 minutes ago, dakus said:

For the Aquaman comp, would the holiday making PS more spread out imply that the PS-OW multiplier would be smaller for Aquaman compared to most movies? Like the OW would be smaller then the PS would expect?

Yea since people buy tickets for days besides the weekend (like Christmas for example) presales are more spread out for movies hence why you get relatively smaller OW but much better legs during that time. 

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Coco was a Thanksgiving Wednesday release, it should be noted.  Not sure how that would play into pre-sales though.

I mean I don't think Coco is a good comp anyways but I just wanted to point out that its final number was 1M. 

I think the presales for Pikachu are solid imo but they still don't tell me anything simply because I still have no idea how its going to play out ie more family friendly or front loaded. Depending on how it plays out, the weekend could go one of two which ways for it. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1