grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

hey Guys,

I found out an issue with my SW9 preview data. Please ignore it for now. It seems data got mixed with Day 2 BO. I will update and post later. Last update was not right.

Sorry for posting wrong data. Should never update that late in the night.

No worry mate. You are treasure. Pre-sales data is gold. Variations are part of game.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Black Widow worldwide weekend will be more than Episode IX.

Literally my first thought.     

Thinking 420 for IX, if BW gets global day and date with the Holiday Fri everything will be lined up.

I wouldn't trust on Deadline's guess for OS numbers, let's not forget that iconic projection:

with overseas projected at $150M-$170M

https://deadline.com/2018/05/solo-a-star-wars-story-box-office-global-opening-memorial-day-weekend-1202395995/

Solo's OS TOTAL: $179m.

It finished with what they projected to be it's OW alone, LMFAO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jedi Jat said:

Thinking about BW beating Episode IX global weekend, make me wonder, there is only one Tier 1 franchise in the world right now.

Rest are all Tier 2 (likes of SW, Jurassic, F&F) or Tier 3 (Fantastic Beasts, etc)

Might be more of a fanboy wars post at this point. Let’s get back to IX tracking for now 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jedi Jat said:

Thinking about BW beating Episode IX global weekend, make me wonder, there is only one Tier 1 franchise in the world right now.

Rest are all Tier 2 (likes of SW, Jurassic, F&F) or Tier 3 (Fantastic Beasts, etc)

Cats will outgross all those film with a 1,5 Billion dollar OW

The fall of Star Wars from THE giant to just another giant among giants is extremely sad to me as a die-hard fanboy. I'm not liking some of the stuff from the reactions I'm seeing, but hopefully this installment is able to save enough face that I can still get star wars content for years to come. 

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The fall of Star Wars from THE giant to just another giant among giants is extremely sad to me as a die-hard fanboy. I'm not liking some of the stuff from the reactions I'm seeing, but hopefully this installment is able to save enough face that I can still get star wars content for years to come. 

To be fair, even during the prequels, Star Wars was a giant among giants. There was Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings, or Spider-Man

Nothing has necessarily changed in your lifetime. TFA was just a giant anomaly in that regard

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

In a way this is good. Disney was in serious hurry to maximize revenue from the franchise and released too many movies in a short time frame. Not sure if the franchise can sustain yearly movies and continue with BO at elevated level that SW7 and Rogue One showed. You need one movie with mixed reaction to turn the tide.

Disney has already slowed down with no SW movie till 22. but I am not much of a fan of making the next trilogy in 2 year cadence. Better make one movie at time and take the time to do it right.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Star Wars was third fiddle behind Potter and LOTR during the prequel era. Being second fiddle to Marvel is a step up in comparison.

Hell you could even say Star Wars was fourth fiddle during the prequel era behind Potter, LOTR, and Spider-Man.

Edited by Cheebs86
  • Like 1