grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

^^^

MTC2 so far has not refreshed in a big way. Do you know when they finalize shows for the thursday?

Depends entirely on the theater.  Usually by Wed.

For what it's worth, there were a couple of showings added here and there but not many.  Two theaters in particular I think are going to get a decent sized expansion, but a couple others might already be maxed out or close to it when it comes to showtimes.

So for the 2757 new shows added I ran and got 137990/563973 1932136.85 !!!! At this point previews are at

MTC1 previews - overall 8486 shows 544137/1482775 7935317.88

I am hoping it can sell close to 1m tickets at MTC1 for previews.

Please ignore it. New shows that got in are Day 2 shows.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Astonished 3

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Inland Empire Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-3 Days

Sellouts

Showings

Seats Sold

Total Seats

Seats Left

Perct Sold

TOTALS

35.54%

Total Sellouts Removed Today: 2

Total Showings Added Today: 12

Total Seats Added Today: 1244

Total Seats Sold Today: 1024

Comps so far off of Final Totals of:

%

Final Sold

TROS Sold

Comp

Joker

31.42m

Frozen 2

26.18m

===

1000+ seats! Really chugging along now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Astonished 3

2 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

T-3 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

MTC 1: $26.7mn Approx

At same time

Endgame: $43mn Approx (62%) (Final $53mn Approx)

MTC 2: $15mn

At same time

Endgame: $24.5mn Approx (61%) (Final $30mn Approx)

The Lion King: $6mn (40%) (Final $12mn)

Nationwide estimates

Previews: $24mn

Friday: $22mn

Saturday: $18mn

Sunday: $11mn

Rest: $16mn 

FSS: $76mn Approx

Total: $91mn Approx

At same time

Endgame: $148mn (61.5%) (Final $186mn Approx)

The Lion King: $36mn (40%) (Final $74mn Approx) 

Estimated FSS day wise comparison of Endgame and TRS T-3 Days

Hide contents
  Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Avengers: Endgame  
Previews $24.25 $31.00 78.23%
Friday $22.25 $36.50 60.96%
Saturday $18.24 $36.00 50.67%
Sunday $10.91 $25.00 43.63%
Rest $15.62 $20.00 78.12%

Note: All these numbers include a good amount of estimation. The system is working well but there's always margin of error, take +/-5%.

There was an error in calculation of overall sales after FSS which I corrected so previous data will need some alterations. The data is, however updated in the sheet.

http://bit.ly/JatUSPS

Previewz will be 47M if proportional to Endgame. Do you think the TRoS next 3 days will fall below 78% of Endgame's adjacent days based on the current momentum? 

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

So for the 2757 new shows added I ran and got 137990/563973 1932136.85 !!!! At this point previews are at

MTC1 previews - overall 8486 shows 544137/1482775 7935317.88

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116006b2a71a59e17c8c

Do You have information on how many theatres you are tracking? I mean selling 138k tickets in matter of hours is something that it didn't even did for 1st 24 hours.

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

If that's from usual 80-82% theatres, that will be about $68-70mn previews. That doesn't seems to be right. Something fishy there.

Edited by Jedi Jat

Well first reactions from the  movie are arriving. As you would expect there are a lot of blow your mind reactions. There are also people that felt there was a little too much fan service and there was a little too much exposition.

Overly fan servicey and too much plot seems to be the biggest criticisms of it.

Edited by RockyMountain
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

47 Million for previews?

higher than TLJ

Well, let's wait and see.  

FWIW, there is an extra hour of previews, so keep that in mind.

On the other hand, more competition releasing closer to Xmas, so perhaps slightly more of a screen crunch than TLJ had to face in its OW.

Barely plus or minus TLJ doesn't tell me a hell of a lot, personally.  Except that it ain't bombing.  Which at this stage, I'll take. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Well, let's wait and see.  

FWIW, there is an extra hour of previews, so keep that in mind.

On the other hand, more competition releasing closer to Xmas, so perhaps slightly more of a screen crunch than TLJ had to face in its OW.

Barely plus or minus TLJ doesn't tell me a hell of a lot, personally.  Except that it ain't bombing.  Which at this stage, I'll take. :)

i was expecting much lower so this news is good lol

5 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

Do You have information on how many theatres you are tracking? I mean selling 138k tickets in matter of hours is something that it didn't even did for 1st 24 hours.

If that's from usual 80-82% theatres, that will be about $68-70mn previews. That doesn't seems to be right. Something fishy there.

Yeah that seems a little too good to be true? It took 24 hours to get to that 138k number which should be the fastest day of PS and now it hits that in like 3-4?

Don't have my 2nd local yet, but I do have another local mid-size theater set.  They have also decided to hold movies vs expanding TROS presale sets...it's a 7 which has given TROS 1.75 screens (1 morning show, 2 afternoon shows, and 4 evening ones).  They decided to hold A Beautiful Day and Ford vs Ferrari for morning and/or afternoon shows and keep Richard Jewell (yep, WB did good on their contract) and Knives Out on full screens - this is more an adult theater, but it still tends to widely book the non-animated blockbusters...

We're at a coincidence stage now...I fully expect huge screens to widely expand screens and open up more presales for TROS, but these 12s and belows are staying very tight so far for FSS (not tight for Thurs)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

Depends entirely on the theater.  Usually by Wed.

For what it's worth, there were a couple of showings added here and there but not many.  Two theaters in particular I think are going to get a decent sized expansion, but a couple others might already be maxed out or close to it when it comes to showtimes.

Yeah, I'm not sure how other theaters do it, but for something THIS big, the large majority of times have been available from the start, especially PLF as well as all the best start times.  The extra times appearing this week are once they get their final bookings, they know what they movies they can steal from and fill in any gaps.  So Theater A might go from 30 shows to 40 and smaller Theater B might go from 15 shows to 20.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1