grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

16 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

People already play high enough prices for blockbusters and they have PLF screens for those who want to pay on the higher end.   $20-30+ for something I already pay a not exactly low $16.50 - $28 for?  No thanks.   Now that's the higher end because it's NYC but cost is relative to areas.

Lower prices for smaller budgeted or Indie films would be a boon for theaters and something I've been banging on about for ages.  Those are the films people are waiting to rent or stream because many don't consider it necessary to see them on the big screen at premium prices.  Discount Tuesday has show us how effective this can be.

Depending on area it depends. Marcus charges about $15-$17.50 a ticket for PLF.

28 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Nothing breath taking so far with the Justice League showings

Justice League 63 870 7.2%

This is Sun Prarie right?

• Like 1

Tomorrow night's previews at my theater:

Thank You: 25/78

Jigsaw: 8/78

Suburbicon: 0/78

I believe HDD had 10 tickets sold the morning of previews, so this is great for Jigsaw.

The two that weren't part of the military buyout for Thank You cancelled their tickets, so at the moment, that show is entirely the free tickets AMC gave out.

Edited by WrathOfHan

Good GOD, Jumanji's second trailer views are absolutely abysmal. The trailer on Sony's channel only has 500k views after more than a month, and Zero Media's upload only has 630k views. Meanwhile, a goddamn combination of trailers one and two on FilmSelect has 2.8M views :winomg: 

• ...wtf 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Good GOD, Jumanji's second trailer views are absolutely abysmal. The trailer on Sony's channel only has 500k views after more than a month, and Zero Media's upload only has 630k views. Meanwhile, a goddamn combination of trailers one and two on FilmSelect has 2.8M views :winomg: 

This isn’t good.

6 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

99% of BOT regarding Jigsaw:

Jigsaw sells well on Pulse Monday: "Nah, still gonna bomb" (tbf there was the Deep Wang update)

Jigsaw hits second on Pulse this morning: "Nah, still gonna bomb"

Jigsaw hits third on Pulse while JL tickets go on sale: "Nah, still gonna bomb"

Jigsaw tracking indicates an 18M+ opening from multiple outlets: "Nah, still gonna bomb"

I'm not even looking forward to the damn movie, but the amount of pessimism on here is making me root for it.

BOT when jigsaw does well this weekend:

86qxRr.gif?download=true

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle honestly reminds me of Land of the Lost '09. Nobody was really asking for this reboot (not even a sequel with Williams when he was alive) and nothing in the execution looks to dispel that notion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle honestly reminds me of Land of the Lost '09. Nobody was really asking for this reboot (not even a sequel with Williams when he was alive) and nothing in the execution looks to dispel that notion.

I've been saying that since April - good to have someone else join that train:)...

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think it's suffering from the same syndrome movies like The Dark Tower and The Emoji Movie (wanna say Warcraft and AC too but not 100% sure there) had: the initial views were out of curiosity, but the movie looks like crap and people aren't interested in another trailer. The red flag is here now, and this could be another Baywatch for Dwayne.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think it's suffering from the same syndrome movies like The Dark Tower and The Emoji Movie (wanna say Warcraft and AC too but not 100% sure there) had: the initial views were out of curiosity, but the movie looks like crap and people aren't interested in another trailer. The red flag is here now, and this could be another Baywatch for Dwayne.

I just checked and it's PG-13 (the original was PG)? Feels like a movie with an identity crisis as to who it's aimed at. Plus families will plenty of options between Star Wars, Ferdinand, and The Greatest Showman (which I think could be an Into the Woods-esque solid hit if the reviews are acceptable enough).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I just checked and it's PG-13 (the original was PG)? Feels like a movie with an identity crisis as to who it's aimed at. Plus families will plenty of options between Star Wars, Ferdinand, and The Greatest Showman (which I think could be an Into the Woods-esque solid hit if the reviews are acceptable enough).

Yep. It's important to keep in mind Ferdinand and Greatest Showman are rated PG, so the families who won't be seeing Star Wars in the first place because of violent/mature content won't be going to Jumanji either. Ferdinand especially is an appealing option for those with young (under 8) kids.

Just now, That One Guy said:

Jumanji is going to be more widely appealing for all ages than Ferdinand or Greatest Showman.  Parents probably won’t give a shit about the PG-13 rating and such

The second trailer views kind of indicate there isn't much older appeal :lol: