grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Justice League 

North Shore Cinema

11/16/17 (21 days before previews, 22 before release)

6:00 - 32/301

9:00 - 17/301

12:00 - 0/301 

Looking at about the same Thor had when it started selling tickets

Just a reminder...tracking continuiously changes as more tickets are being sold and the final marketing push take place in the final week before release.Thot 3 started out with 90-100M and ,per DHD, is now at 125M.JL seems to be looking at BvS numbers,tracking wise,when all is said and done,which was tracking for a 150M debut right before its release...the film ended up doing 26-66M more than initial tracking and 16M more than its final tracking.Given better revies,JL can match these numbers.

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

12 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Not really as the film has only been selling tickets for a short time.

Its really a good start this far out.

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Just a reminder...tracking continuiously changes as more tickets are being sold and the final marketing push take place in the final week before release.Thot 3 started out with 90-100M and ,per DHD, is now at 125M.JL seems to be looking at BvS numbers,tracking wise,when all is said and done,which was tracking for a 150M debut right before its release...the film ended up doing 26-66M more than initial tracking and 16M more than its final tracking.Given better revies,JL can match these numbers.

Tracking numbers 3 weeks out, as far as I know, are not based on ticket sales to that point. 

• Like 3

Jigsaw seems to be showing up.  This may not be more than just a few 'gusts' of mass movie ticket buying because of all the big events going on in the film industry.  Maybe the donate blood drive and other social factors are kicking in too,  In any case, it might be opening day frontloaded.  I don't know.  Could it be a big Sat/Sun matinee?  Wish I could find that out myself.  Here are the OD #s for Jeepers Creepers 3, Rings, and Blair Witch. 

Jeepers -
$1,773,763
635 / $2,793

Rings

$5,631,820
2,931 / $1,921

Blair Witch

$4,011,022
3,121 / $1,285

It could open at 5.6 to 6.0 on opening day depending on screen count.  Here are the Saturday's for Rings and Blair Witch

Rings

$5,625,585
2,931 / $1,919

Blair Witch

$3,492,235
3,121 / $1,119

Happy Death Day

$9,362,760
3,149 / $2,973

Right now I predict anywhere from 14-18 OW.  I am at 15OW until reviews roll in.

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Learn English.

Please read what I responded to 

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

That would be LOW.

Where I’m this does it says “If this turns out to be true”

It seems you need to learn English.

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Tracking numbers 3 weeks out, as far as I know, are not based on ticket sales to that point. 

What ticket sales as they really don’t have much to go off.

The word just got out about the tickets(to the public ) just last night.

Now If thefilm has been selling tickets for a week or two then I would agree.

Deep Wang updates:

- Jigsaw picked up big and is about 40% higher than what Happy Death Day ended with

- Suburbicon is half of Snowman

- TYFYS is boosted by the free ticket giveaway and is at 100k

- Will have a better comp tomorrow but Thor on Thursday before release week is at 60% of where Guardians 2 was at Friday before release week, depending on sales today, it might get to 65-75% at the same point in time. 

- JL sold well, no comps readily available but its the best first 16 hours for any movie not named Star Wars among the comps we know (for BvS and Civil War we didn’t get the first day sales figures). The first day numbers should end up being close to where WW was on Monday of release and SS was on Friday before release

- Star Wars still selling steadily post the initial deluge, should have a better comp on release week since we don’t have TFA numbers to compare to and Rogue One was a different sales cycle

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6
  • Astonished 2

Yeah, Suburbicon is shaping up to be quite a dud. It's already down to 34% on RT and falling. I was thinking earlier this week that it might pull Aloha numbers (another movie that criminally wasted an overwhelming amount of talent) but even that's looking generous.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

- JL sold well, no comps readily available but its the best first 16 hours for any movie not named Star Wars among the comps we know (for BvS and Civil War we didn’t get the first day sales figures). The first day numbers should end up being close to where WW was on Monday of release and SS was on Friday before release

Just confirmed this from the prior thread, JL will edge out BATB for highest first day sales at this chain for something without Star Wars in the title. Again though, the caveat is that we don't know BvS or Civil War first day sales. BATB was 650k in 24 hours and 1M in 48 hours.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 3