grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tickets are up for next week's releases at my theater. The Post is in the biggest auditorium, Paddington is in the second biggest, and Proud Mary and The Commuter are in average auditoriums.

Get your tickets for The Post before the seniors snag 'em all. They're becoming more tech-savvy, ya know.

Edited by filmlover
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Movietickets.com this morning...

21.4% Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

18.6% Star Wars: The Last Jedi

10.4% Greatest Showman, The

9% Agnathavasi - Prince in Exile

6.5% Pitch Perfect 3

Interesting. It seems TLJ picks up as the holiday weekdays become weaker. I expect Jumanji to surge again on the weekend.

Spoiler

Hoping for a further recovery of TLJ though :ph34r:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Interesting. It seems TLJ picks up as the holiday weekdays become weaker. I expect Jumanji to surge again on the weekend.

Reveal hidden contents

I think TLJ is playing almost entirely like an "adult-focused" movie at this point...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I think TLJ is playing almost entirely like an "adult-focused" movie at this point...

Entirely possible. We could see Jumanji winning the weekend rather easily but falling to Number 2 on the weekdays next week again (Tuesday beeing an exception.)

• Like 3

Previews at my theater tonight:

Insidious: 3/124

Molly: 3/78

Darkest Hour: 0/67

Insidious is running at 30% of HDD (7.8M) at a similar point in the morning. Molly is running at 38% of The Foreigner (5M) too 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Previews at my theater tonight:

Insidious: 3/124

Molly: 3/78

Darkest Hour: 0/67

Insidious is running at 30% of HDD (7.8M) at a similar point in the morning. Molly is running at 38% of The Foreigner (5M) too 

I guess no Shape of Water opening near you? It's actually dropping showtimes at some theaters around me this weekend.

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I guess no Shape of Water opening near you? It's actually dropping showtimes at some theaters around me this weekend.

It's not opening at my AMC, but it's expanding 40 minutes away and still playing at the shitty theater 25 minutes away. I'll hold out hope for another two weeks it expands before settling for the bad theater.

40 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Has Insidious hit Pulse yet? It's not on it now. I seem to recall both Jigsaw and HDD both hit Pulse by Tuesday.

Nope:

1. Jumanji

2. TLJ

3. Showman

4. Ferdinand

5. Coco

This is what I saw after about 7 minutes of watching:

79 Insidious

37 Molly

12 The Post

9 Fifty Shades

6 I, Tonya

2 Phantom Thread

• Like 1

Winter Storm Grayson (a giant blizzard impacting Virginia, Pennsylvania, New England, etc.) has gotten so bad, the theater I track presales for is shutting down today. After a Jumanji and Greatest Showman at 12:05 and 12:30 respectively, it's closing. They're still open on Friday to Sunday though, so don't be surprised if Thursday previews look rough for Insidious.

• Like 3