grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

MT.com now - posting b/c it's under 2 now...I think Jumanji passes TLJ today...it could even win the 3 day, not just the 4 day, if it continues its push all day...but to do that, I think it's gotta finish the night #1 on MT.com, since it's got a Friday gap to make up...

26.5% Star Wars: The Last Jedi

24.9% Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

8.6% Greatest Showman, The

7.6% Pitch Perfect 3

5.2% Ferdinand

• Like 1

Final MT.com for the night - the gap stabilized at almost 2.5, so I'm thinking TLJ holds the 3 day due to its current lead (even if Jumanji eeks out the day, which I'm 50-50 on...probably who gets the most late night folks not doing NYE parties, which is after these MT numbers close:)...

26.8% Star Wars: The Last Jedi

24.4% Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

8.8% Greatest Showman, The

6.6% Pitch Perfect 3

5.3% Ferdinand

1 hour ago, Boxofficerules said:

How’s Insidious tracking, haven’t seen a single  sale on PULSE.

From BO.com (Dec 22)

1/5/2018 Insidious: The Last Key $19,500,000   $34,500,000

Morning MT.com numbers - seems TLJ had the slightly better late night and overnight sales:)...it's probably gonna keep the lead again for awhile, since it didn't quite get passed this weekend...but we'll see how it goes:)...

26.9% Star Wars: The Last Jedi

24.2% Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

9% Greatest Showman, The

6.3% Pitch Perfect 3

5.4% Ferdinand

• Like 1

FIRST TIME - Jumanji has officially FINALLY jumped TLJ in MT.com...should probably guarantee its 1st #1 day today...

25.1% Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

25% Star Wars: The Last Jedi

10.2% Greatest Showman, The

7.5% Pitch Perfect 3

6% Ferdinand

EDIT: Same numbers to end the night...so Jumanji did "win" the day on MT...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 2

Midday MT.com - gap is widening...even though it's a family movie, those "schools that are still off" may help keep Jumanji in front all week...

26.4% Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

23.3% Star Wars: The Last Jedi

10.5% Greatest Showman, The

7.7% Pitch Perfect 3

5.8% Ferdinand

EDIT: And of course it updates right after I post...and it's an even bigger gap...

26.8% Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

22.9% Star Wars: The Last Jedi

10.5% Greatest Showman, The

7.9% Pitch Perfect 3

5.7% Ferdinand

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Might as well do my theater presales update again, especially considering there are way less movies to worry about.

Insidious 3 226 1.33%
Fifty Shades 117 1921 6.09%

Insidious only has Thursday previews up so far. Fifty Shades is frontloaded, as expected, with Thursday and Saturday making up 80% of the tickets sold, while Friday and Sunday have sold very little.

17 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

FIRST TIME - Jumanji has officially FINALLY jumped TLJ in MT.com...should probably guarantee its 1st #1 day today...

25.1% Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

25% Star Wars: The Last Jedi

10.2% Greatest Showman, The

7.5% Pitch Perfect 3

6% Ferdinand

EDIT: Same numbers to end the night...so Jumanji did "win" the day on MT...

And it begins. I'm thrilled for Jumanji but as a huge Star Wars fan this is unexpected and sad to see.

• Like 1

MT.com...I don't think any families in the "still off" areas that buy on MT.com are picking TLJ over Jumanji at this point...posting b/c the speed of change is going so fast, although since the market is probably WAAYYY down, this won't convert to as much in dollars as it would have last week:)...although maybe we should start a new watch for when TLJ falls behind TGS, b/c that gap is only about 10 now:)...

28.1% Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

21.3% Star Wars: The Last Jedi

10.6% Greatest Showman, The

8.2% Pitch Perfect 3

5.9% Ferdinand

• Astonished 1

It's worth pointing out that all other movies are either staying flat (Ferdinand) or increasing (The Greatest Showman, Pitch Perfect 3), so this isn't just Jumanji increasing relative to everything else, it's also TLJ decreasing.

• Like 1