Nova

Wednesday #s: Baywatch 1.25M in previews

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Hey now, Efron still has the role of his lifetime to look forward to this December: Chris R!

the-disaster-artist-set-photo-poster

Nah, his big break will be for that Ted Bundy movie. Former Disney star + real life serial killer = automatic Oscar!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elcaballero said:

Case in point: Hugh Jackman in The Wolverine.  He looks fucking massive in that movie.

He was massive in that movie.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

It's not that he has a good body (which he does). It's that he's become so muscular over the past few years that the disconnect between his body and his boyish face is jarring. It just doesn't look right.

Well, maybe according to you.  I think he looks terrific.

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

Stallone:  1985:

Image result for stallone Rocky II body

Stallone:  2006:

Image result for sylvester stallone rocky balboa

Why would Efron look flabby?  

These kinds of comments are really strange.

Stallone was caught with a suitcase filled with HGH vials when he went to enter Australia in 2006/2007.

That said Zac Efron isn't even 30 yrs old yet.  I doubt he needs enough HGH for a horse or testosterone shots to keep in shape.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Last year civil war had 53% drop coming of 55% drop in third weekend.

I think gotg will be around 46% mark.

Also how bad you think baywatch will do this weekend?

Ultron and CW both did north of 20M, 21.7M for Ultron on its 4th weekend. And with GOTG2 performing better than those two in its last few dailies, is it wrong to assume it could go higher? 22M perhaps? That's a spitting distance from the 23M prediction of BOM for Baywatch which could yield lower actuals.

But hey these are wishful thinking, a "5% possibility". [emoji57]

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Actor often do like bodybuilder preparation for their competition for their shirtless scene, don't eat or drink much going in those days of shoot (Pratt did a video showing what he was eating, it was ridiculous), they do some weight lighting just before and between takes. They are looking differently during those day of the shoot than day to day normal.

That's true, but even then some of them manage to keep that same body weight all throughout the day and set. Honestly I'm impressed with actors who keep looking buff. I'd love to get some real abs, but my scheduling and times means that I can't go to the gym as much as I would like. 

5 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

But why would he?

I mean he looks really buff and I'll give em that, It's just that it looks a bit odd and off to me. Maybe it's just me. 

2 minutes ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

Ultron and CW both did north of 20M, 21.7M for Ultron on its 4th weekend. And with GOTG2 performing better than those two in its last few dailies, is it wrong to assume it could go higher? 22M perhaps? That's a spitting distance from the 23M prediction of BOM which could yield a lower actuals.

But hey these are wishful thinking, a "5% possibility". emoji57.png

CW did $20m over the 4 day, AOU did $21.7m over the three - and had a 44.7%drop.  But AOU also only faced $55m (and one of them was Disney -Tomorrowland- unlike CW's) of new competition vs $90m over the 3 day.  GOTG's level of competition will be closer to AOU's though it might get some Pirates draft in drive ins.

2 hours ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

I'm a huge GOTG fan but beating them by less than a 100 for their kind of movies is hardly a destruction.

It destroyed them worldwide when its all said and done.

9 minutes ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

Somewhere around BvS. SS will be destroyed in the context of around a 100M destruction.

SS didn't have a china release. Without china gotg will be around 780. So no, there is no destruction by gotg. And also we are talking by box office not fanboy rage, right??

Edited by damnitgeorge08

SS didn't have a china release. Without china gotg will be around 780. So no, there is no destruction by gotg. And also we are talking by box office not fanboy rage, right?[emoji16]

[emoji23]
Doesn't make the "more" any true. It is speculative until GOTG2 ends its run in cinemas. [emoji57]