Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

5 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Horrible horrible movie. I demanded my money back from the theater and didn't leave until they gave it to me. And yes I created a scene.

e26.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Also announced BvS at $180m.  Even when they said it could also do $165m they put $180m in the headline.    They like their big numbers

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/batman-v-superman-box-office-180-million-1201739586/

True, but at least their Friday # was not completely ridiculous ... they said 78-83 and it did 81. 

Also announced BvS at $180m.  Even when they said it could also do $165m they put $180m in the headline.    They like their big numbers

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/batman-v-superman-box-office-180-million-1201739586/

Oh yeah....right they always seem to use the biggest number possible in their headline for views. I still remember the roaring high from the AOU to the crushing low and BKB not willing to believe it.

Just now, Cochofles said:

And I weep for humanity.

Surely there must be a market for female superbeings and comic book babes that are not murderous, unstable psychos. Just like there is room for Wolverine, Deadpool, and Superman, should there not be enough of a market for both Harley and Wonder Woman? :(

Deadpool's solo movie was bigger than any Wolverine movie or Superman movie. 

Maybe folks just like psychos running around killing people :ph34r: Heck look how popular the Joker is :thinking:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

And I weep for humanity.

Surely there must be a market for female superbeings and comic book babes that are not murderous, unstable psychos. Just like there is room for Wolverine, Deadpool, and Superman, should there not be enough of a market for both Harley and Wonder Woman? :(

The answer is yes. WW is obviously going to be profitable. I'm just saying WB should be doing a HQ movie too. HQ is a much more popular character than WW.... For better or worse, it doesn't matter since both characters bring in the $.

They were saying 78m-83m for friday though and were spot on with it. Being unable to find reasonable WE-Multipliers is another story. And BvS obviously dropped liek a rock. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Gitesh had the most recent numbers. 

But why would deadline even update again later from their earlier numbers if those are the same as gitesh is throwing out now ? Plus THR say 95 and Variety 100 million. And how is 33 millon gonna be 90 million like he also says. The whole thing stinks

Just now, Nova said:

Deadpool's solo movie was bigger than any Wolverine movie or Superman movie. 

Maybe folks just like psychos running around killing people :ph34r: Heck look how popular the Joker is :thinking:

"It's all just part of the plan"

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tom Holland is my goal. I'm the same height and have the same birthday as him, and I would KILL for a body like that.

tomhollandumbrella.jpgWhen you can work off this you know you've succeeded. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ohana said:

As a DCEU fan i'm starting to *wonder* what I'd rather have: Critical acclaim or a huge box office gross

Right now it seems DC fans can only get one of these 2 options :ph34r:

Even if WW has a "disappointing" opening weekend, strong WOM will carry it through all of June.

33 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Yes, LOTR requires a lo more works than Titanic when it comes to the production. But when it comes to the doubts and negetivity Cameron had to deal with, I can tell you just as much as anyone could with Jackson on LOTR. But obviously we're not here to compare the pressure level of what Cameron and Jackson had to endure.

The point is, you don't get a lifetime pass in hollywood. Studios judge you by your resume of your recent works, not something you did 20 years ago. And it's very clear that Nolan is now in a much better position than Jackson is. If Jackson makes a couple more turds like Lovely Bones, his career is going to end up like today's Ridley Scott, which is making one hit to get the investment for his next 2-3 flops. I'm sure none of us wants to see that happen.

BTW I think the banned user Fishnets once said Jackson is now like George Lucas. It's harsh but it does make SOME sense.  Right now Jackson does look like he's taking a much slower pace for his career as a director.

When I said that Jackson gets a lifetime pass for LOTR I was just talking about my own personal opinion of him.  I didn't care for his cult horror movies before LOTR and I don't really care for anything he's done after.  Making LOTR was his dream since he was a kid and he accomplished the near impossible with that which is all I'm saying.

And whenever someone says "this person here is the next George Lucas", it doesn't impress me.  George has never been a particularly good director.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brainiac5 said:

I had the same reaction from the (mostly)elderly crowd last night.

Also good vibes for SM:HC

It's possible Spider-Man might have gotten a good response, but the Cinerama only plays trailers for films it's definitely going to get, and at this point it's Wonder Woman, then Baby Driver, then Dunkirk. They sometimes add late in the game, but it seems to usually only happen if something else is disappointing, they don't have any special presentations scheduled, and they don't need to guarantee it for two weeks.

Since HC is opening a week after Baby Driver, and Dunkirk is two weeks later, I'd say the only chance is if Baby Driver really disappoints for them and Spidey looks like it'll have a good second week  that they can get without requiring more.

IIRC, that's what happened with Fast & Furious 6. They had STID, but it didn't seem to be doing enough, so they got FF6 for one week before switching to Man of Steel.

6 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

I'm not sure what's considered a breakout for BP, but I think it likely will. 

Late reply but it's still gotta be said. 

Go away evil ancient creature! 

• Like 3