Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What is considered a great multiplier these days for a superhero movie ?

Over 2,5-2,6 ?

2,8 ?

3 ?

:sherlock:

Depend a lot of how big the OW is (sequel or not), that is the last 3 year's:

3.31    The LEGO Batman Movie
3.15    Ant-Man
2.74    Deadpool
2.74    Doctor Strange
2.56    Logan
2.43    Suicide Squad
2.40    Avengers: Age of Ultron
2.36    X-Men: Apocalypse
2.36    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 * (still going on)
2.32    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
2.28    Captain America: Civil War
2.18    Fantastic Four
2.12    Power Rangers (2017)
1.99    Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

The average is exactly 2.5 (2.496)

I would say that 2.7+ is now in good multiplier category, (and that would be lower for a sequel that open strong now with how elevated the OW get with previews more and more)

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Sorry guys.

I am not good with the mulitplier thing so I'll ask my question in another way ...

Over 2,5-2,6 ?

2,8 ?

3 ?

2.8 I think is really good, 3 is TDK level.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Sorry guys.

I am not good with the mulitplier thing so I'll ask my question in another way ...

Over 2,5-2,6 ?

2,8 ?

3 ?

I dunno. It really depends on a lot of things that can affect how strong the legs are going to be.

Still, anything that's a blockbuster with a Friday opening and manages a 3x is pretty damn great.

2.5x is good. Not great, but not bad, either.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Think GOTG2, Spiderman or WW wins the summer.

I think people are overestimating Despicable Me 3 here again. Maybe I'm way off though.

how could WW win Summer? it won't earn much more than 325m total domestic with a 90m+ opening , it may not even reach 300m

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Sorry guys.

Over 2,5-2,6 ?

2,8 ?

3 ?

2.5 is kind of average if the film doesn't open to a gigantic number. anything over a 2.7 would be pretty good this day in age. I wouldn't be surprised if WW can pull 3x though

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 3

Just for funsies (not good comps), if it followed Kong's IM from this year, it would do 115.12. If it followed BATB, it would do 104.1. If it followed F8, it would do 82.14. If it followed Power Rangers, it would do 102.6. Probably needless comparisons, but all are blockbusters from this year that have at least some similarities. Three of those four get it over 100.

• Like 3

What defines good legs depends on the movie.

GOTG Vol 2 is a comic book sequel that opened north of 100m looking to have around a 2.7xish multi, those are good legs for its criteria.

Meanwhile, a 2.7x multi for a movie like DM3 would show bad legs, as family animations rarely go under 3x unless they're poorly received.

Edited by Negative Panda Covfefe
  • Like 2

That was the best Marvel movie I have ever seen. Too much slow mo for my taste, but packed audience loved it. Tons of clapping.

No Mans lands build up + fight is best superhero entrance ever, by a mile. Tremendous filmmaking. 

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, excel1 said:

That was the best Marvel DC movie I have ever seen. Too much slow mo for my taste, but packed audience loved it. Tons of clapping.

FTFY

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Judging from the numbers BVS should end at about $80M-$85M. Historically DC movies do well on home video. But remember Transformers 4 did over $63M in video sales. T3 did $113M. T1 and 2 did over $200M in video sales. We can't deny that there was some bad WOM for the DCEU but Wonder Woman will change that.

The thing about the Bad WOM thing is tricky.

Why? BVS is the only film that truly has a bad Multiplyer.

Both SS and MOS having 2.4x doesn't say Bad WOM among The G.A as it doesn't for other films.

We know WW is gonna definitely have a 2.4x+ so The Dceu is actually 3-1 with the G.A.

In fact the only bad thing these films actually have that is constantly blasted around are the Critics scores and BVS multiplier.

Nobody every talks about all the other things that matters in the long run.

These forums were on fire when MoS had a 2.4x then when all other Superhero films started to fall in that same range then it became more of a critical thing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Just for funsies (not good comps), if it followed Kong's IM from this year, it would do 115.12. If it followed BATB, it would do 104.1. If it followed F8, it would do 82.14. If it followed Power Rangers, it would do 102.6. Probably needless comparisons, but all are blockbusters from this year that have at least some similarities. Three of those four get it over 100.

:jeb!: