Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

At just over 100M, Wonder Woman is the 3rd highest OW of the year so far, behind BATB (174M) and GOTG V2 (146M), just ahead of F8 (98M) and Logan (88M). It's also 4 for 4 for DCEU 100M+ openers, and, most importantly, the biggest OW ever for a movie directed by a female (which, I believe, has previously held by Fifty Shades Of Grey's 85M).

Along that, it's range of around 101M (going by DHD, which may be a mistake, but whatever) makes it the 16th biggest opening ever for a superhero movie (5th for an origin story, behind Suicide Squad, Deadpool, Man Of Steel and Spider-Man):

1. The Avengers - 207M
  2. Avengers: Age Of Ultron - 191M
  3. Captain America: Civil War - 179M
  4. Iron Man 3 - 174M
  5. Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - 166M
  6. The Dark Knight Rises - 160M
  7. The Dark Knight - 158M
  8. Spider-Man 3 - 151M
  9. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 - 146M
  10. Suicide Squad - 133M
  11. Deadpool - 132M
  12. Iron Man 2 - 128M
  13. Man Of Steel - 116M
  14. Spider-Man - 114M
  15. X-Men: The Last Stand - 102M
  16. Wonder Woman - 101M

If WW goes over said estimate, it'll be the 15th biggest opener in the genre.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, baumer said:

Glad you loved it.

I loved it indeed. It made me so happy to see so many well-crafted character moments among the usual CGI and bombastic action typical of these kinds of film. I thank the writers and Jenkins for crafting all those quiet interludes that made us care about the people in the film, and I especially I applaud Jenkins, Gal, and Pine for creating a very sweet, very palpable relationship between Diana and Steve.

I am on cloud nine.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

5th for an origin story, behind Suicide Squad, Deadpool, Man Of Steel and Spider-Man

Does MoS really count?

It was a reboot of a reboot already while SS / DP / Spidy were all first ever films for these characters.

• Like 1

I loved it indeed. It made me so happy to see so many well-crafted character moments among the usual CGI and bombastic action typical of these kinds of film. I thank the writers and Jenkins for crafting all those quiet interludes that made us care about the people in the film, and I especially I applaud Jenkins, Gal, and Pine for creating a very sweet, very palpable relationship between Diana and Steve.
I am on cloud nine.

Me too, couldn't agree more

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So it looks like it is pulling a strong IM after all.  Even though I predicted higher, anything over 100m is a really massive success for WW.

It's also proving not to be frontloaded.

• Like 2