Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Watching A Few Good Men

Just a note that Tom Cruise is busy doing the Mummy retread with fucking Alex Kurtzman instead of making great dramas like this

On my list of favorite movies of all time!  Maybe I need to pull out my DVD and watch this again!

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban set the post MD weekend record in 2004 with 93.7 million.  On Sunday, June 6th was Game 1 of the historic NBA finals featuring the Los Angeles Lakers versus the Detroit Pistons.  It was Karl Malone's final season and he was on the Lakers.  Azkaban dropped 24%.  A similar drop would give Wonder Woman a 101.75 million weekend.

• Like 1

the NBA finals schedule this year has the exact same weekday placement as last year.  (locations too).

Last year on Sunday, everything held up very well for game 2.

Here is the rest of this years schedule, which was the same as last year for box office references:

Game 3 - Wednesday

Game 4 - Friday - Mummy OD

-----------Sunday--free for Mummy to catch up

Game 5 - Monday

Game 6 - Thursday - Cars 3 previews.

Game 7 - Sunday (Father's Day) - should have a BO effect but most likely the game wont happen

Edited by Matrix4You

'Logan' is now 3rd Highest Grossing R-Rated Film Of All Time!!

After releasing in its final market (Japan), Logan has made $612.3M as per 4th June, surpassing Passion of Christ's $611M worldwide for a 3rd Highest grossing R Rated movie Worldwide.

• Like 10

The marketing for IW will be huge, the movie have so much possibilities to create buzz, and they will do that... i can't see this doing less than Ultron [but i can't see passing $ 500m domestic too].

I'm thinking around $ 200 - 210m debut, for a $ 475 - 485m total

1 minute ago, IronBatman said:

Yeah from what I've seen in my lurking days it seems this eathan hunt guy just wants these movies to fail for some reason

Ethan doesn't know what Ethan wants to be fair, if you're read about his personal life, and I say that with no offense to Ethan.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I assume WB will announce the WW sequel at Comic Con 2017. It's going to be a busy Comic Con with the DCEU slate, It and possibly Tomb Raider and Ready Player One.

Wonder if WB is just gonna give DC their own presentation outside of the other WB movies or will they do the usually, wait until the end to announce stuff

As GOTG2 is looking at 380+ and a mini-ensemble in CW almost did 410, I think 400 is a too low a target for TA3.

It should surely target TA2 if nothing else.

Ensembles are not automatically going to increase the gross by a huge amount, as we see that GOTG2 and CW have a smaller gap than expected (~25m) despite CW having a lot more big names.

Same with MOS, BVS and WONDR where BVS won't be bigger than MOS and WONDR by a huge amount. So I wouldn't expect the world out of TA3 despite the big ensemble, but can't go lower than 420 even if turns out to be a mixed movie. 420-460-500 is a good low-middle-high end me thinks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I assume WB will announce the WW sequel at Comic Con 2017. It's going to be a busy Comic Con with the DCEU slate, It and possibly Tomb Raider and Ready Player One.

Next trailer for JL will probably have the CinemaCon Footage. They are definitely announcing Wonder Woman 2.

• Like 1