kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

42 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

If the movie is set in the 80's shouldn't we have seen Diana's new suit in BvS/JL though? :huh:

She’s like everybody else who adopted 80s fashion: years later they pretend that never happened 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Interesting.

1-Is this still going to be set in a superhero high school? 

2-Who is the non-Batgirl purple-clad girl supposed to be (with stars in her hair)? I am not sure if that is Star Sapphire, Black Orchid or Blackfire...

3-I like that they include Bumblebee and Jessica Cruz, but this is a great opportunity to introduce more Asian (Dr. Light, Maya, Grace Choi, Nayad) and First Nations (Owl Woman, Equinox, Dawnstar) superheroines. I hope that they do!

Thanks for sharing!

Katana was on the group last time round but seems to have been cut. Bumblebee wasn’t in last time too. 

Weren't these the most successful selling toys of 2016 or something? 

Who is the purple girl? 

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Katana was on the group last time round but seems to have been cut. Bumblebee wasn’t in last time too. 

Weren't these the most successful selling toys of 2016 or something? 

Who is the purple girl? 

55 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Zatanna is who you're referring to on the extreme left. 

So exciting! This is my most anticipated movie for the foreseeable future. It seems so far to next November. I think this movie has a chance to really blow up, especially with good reviews. It doesn’t even need the stellar reviews that the first one got. Little girls and older women will want to see it. Plus Gal Gadot is a household name now. Cannot wait!!! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

First look at the new DC Super Hero Girls show by MLP: Friendship is Magic creator Lauren Faust has Diana wearing a more movie inspired costume.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

I will never understand why these toy-driven high school franchises like Monster High and DC Superhero Girls are so successful.

Seriously, besides brand recognition, why is Wonder Woman in high school instead of Wonder Girl or something? 

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I will never understand why these toy-driven high school franchises like Monster High and DC Superhero Girls are so successful.

Same reason every toy-driven superhero/Star Wars/Jurassic/animation franchise is successful.

Seriously, besides brand recognition, why is Wonder Woman in high school instead of Wonder Girl or something? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Dat 80's perm!

posters-56l.jpg

gal-gadot-pageant.jpg?quality=90&strip=a

:P 

Quite humourous that Israel also won Eurovision with a song about Wonder Woman.

How did Israel manage to aquire an American Icon as its own ?

I know that Cheetah will most likely involve lots of CGI, and these modern-day superhero films are full of that (to me, wonky CGI was what tainted the otherwise perfection that were Wonder Woman and Black Panther), but damn...this is the type of shit I want to see in Wonder Woman 2: full on, raw-looking, body-slamming, bone-crunching practical-effects fight choreography.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uRRExAY-8g

ETA: I am not saying that it has to be "realistic"; it can be stylized, cinematic violence/fighting, and still provide a sense of weight and gravitas that CGI cannot replicate, no matter how expensive the effects are.

Edited by StevenG
  • Like 2

I thought for a long time that a Spider-Man 2 scenario is very likely for this movie: Opening to massive numbers, but still falling a bit short of the original, since that original already was a cultural phenomenon. However, im starting to think Wonder Woman 2 could increase to 450-500M DOM. 412M in 2017 (the first one's run) isnt nearly as much as 403M in 2002, so WW2 should have a good chance at topping the first one (ofc, great reception is needed).

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 1