baumer

Wonder Woman 11.7M Monday ERC pg 3

Taking a Dory Monday decrease isn't quite fair b/c that movie had about 100% schools out...taking a GOTG2/B&TB Monday decrease also isn't fair b/c that had 0% out...making it about 1/2 of each (since what 50% of schools are out) should have been WW's goal and it hit it (it pretty much hit Pets 59.5%...and Pets had a heckuva ending multiplier:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

WW drop is 60.67% for reference

Some comparable numbers for first Monday drops. The movies are summer openers and all SH movies

TDK                  - 43.8  

TDKR                - 51.8 

GoTG.               - 54

CA:TFA             - 55.5

Suicide Squad  - 56.5 

Ant-Man.           - 57.6 

TASM                - 57.7

Batman Begins - 57.7 (June)

Xmen: FC.         - 61  (June)

The Wolverine.  - 61.1

TIH.                   - 61.4 (June)

MOS.                 - 65.3   (June)

Wonder Woman's drop is close to Xmen:fc. Its OW internal multiplier is also very close.

Xmen:FC OD to OW multi - 2.57

WW OD to OW multi        - 2.69

Now I know it's to early to draw such comparisons but for the sake of it FC had 2.66x legs. WW should have better I think for 2.8x

For comparison here are the Monday decline for June openers :-

Finding Dory - 43.5

Jurassic World - 55.7

Batman Begins - 57.7

World War Z - 58.7

Transformers: Age of Extinction - 59.2

Xmen: FC.  - 61

TIH.   - 61.4

Prometheus - 61.6

Snow White and the Huntsman - 63.5

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 64.8

MOS.  - 65.3

abcabc

MOS came off a flat from Saturday Father's Day.  If it had a 20% drop on Sunday (instead of 0.1%)  it's Monday drop would have been about 60%

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Monday, June 10, 2013

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?view=1day&sortdate=2013-06-10&p=.htm

Monday,  June 9, 2014

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?view=1day&sortdate=2014-06-09&p=.htm

Monday, June 8, 2015

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?view=1day&sortdate=2015-06-08&p=.htm

Monday,  June 6, 2015

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?view=1day&sortdate=2016-06-06&p=.htm

Except for last year when drops were in the mid 60s after lower than avg Sun drops - a mid 50s to 60% drop looks like the norm.

But then WW had an exceedingly good Sunday hold compared to other movies this w/e. We'll have to see how other movies dropped today.

This Monday (June 5th) is the first Monday of June and the first Monday following the Memorial Day long weekend.

Except for the year 2016 you have above, all of the other Mondays you have linked are the second Mondays of June. The first Mondays of June (and the first Mondays post Memorial Day long weekend) were June 3rd, 2nd, and 1st, respectively, for 2013, 2014, and 2015. Those, I would say, are the appropriate Mondays to compare to in terms of calendar year.

The first Mondays of June have distinctly larger drops than as we proceed through June (and more kids are out of school).

Though I suppose we'll know more once we know the Monday numbers for all films today.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

MOS came off a flat from Saturday Father's Day.  If it had a 20% drop on Sunday (instead of 0.1%)  it's Monday drop would have been about 60%

I know that and the dory thing but I included them not because I thought that is how much WW would fall but coz they pretty much represented the extreme high and low of the numbers I looked at

My theater is putting Captain Underpants in their second biggest auditorium tomorrow and Thursday (and probably for the next week given The Mummy's 2D showings are in an average auditorium and they won't put 3D in one of the two biggest).

• Like 2

That's a pretty good hold. I'll have to wait and see how it holds the rest of the week before declaring that a sub 50% drop is coming this weekend because this first Monday drop seems on par for this time of year. 

• Like 1

I'd love it to keep matching Pets, but I'm realistic...sometimes...

But Pets' +29%, -27%, -6% would be great:)...more than can ever be expected since all schools aren't out yet, even...so I'm gonna hope for the best!:)  And yet, I'll still be uber-happy with +20-25%, -30-35%, and - 8-10%...

I like Pets as a comparison dream goal b/c that movie had few people who thought it was gonna break out (although I did - yeah for getting 2 right last summer, since I blew Dory:)), it kept building and building through the weekend, and then it had staying power (even against Dory) for weeks...and it was less well-reviewed than WW, so its full summer timing vs WW's early summer timing could be mitigated...

Edited by TwoMisfits