kayumanggi

DEADPOOL II | 461.2 M overseas ● 785.8 M worldwide

4 minutes ago, Hades said:

720 million  finish possible?

It should. If not more. It’s looking at $310M-$315M domestic and $410M-$415M OS. It could even match the original’s OS $420M depending on how it holds throughout the World Cup and since there isn’t another big opener hitting anytime soon (that I know of because of the WC). 

Its domestic finish will depend on how it holds next weekend. It dropped worse than I thought it would given Father’s Day weekend this weekend so I’m hoping it can have a good hold next weekend against JW2 but we shall see. If it can get a good hold next weekend $315M+ is in play imo 

• Like 3

Pretty impressive sequel retention.  Considering the fist was such a risk and such a huge surprised both domestic and international, having this one finish with more than a 90% retention of the first is really really impressive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Pretty impressive sequel retention.  Considering the fist was such a risk and such a huge surprised both domestic and international, having this one finish with more than a 90% retention of the first is really really impressive.

Yeah, I really thought this movie would be the biggest casualty of the IW-DP2-Solo messy schedule, given it's the newest and least established franchise, but somehow it ended up being Solo. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2018 at 9:32 AM, oMeriMombatti said:

394.9m on June 17, and now mojo has it at 393.5m through June 19th.

Edit, and Monday the 18th mojo updated with actuals of 395.1m

Edited by MattW

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $304,150,321    43.6%
Foreign:  $393,508,619    56.4%

Worldwide:  $697,658,940

Just waiting for international numbers for it to go over 700.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, baumer said:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $304,150,321    43.6%
Foreign:  $393,508,619    56.4%

Worldwide:  $697,658,940

Just waiting for international numbers for it to go over 700.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $304,150,321    43.0%
Foreign:  $403,002,257    57.0%

Worldwide:  $707,152,578  

That is a $9.5m OS Week for DP. I gave Solo a 1.45multi from this week (because of no new competition) so I think DP might do 2 multi. (If Ant-Man doesn't hit to hard it migth do better).

I see 19m more OS and 15m DOM, so $730m-$750m without CHINA for DP2. Great achievement after the not so good OW. 

Only a 5%-7% WW, job well done!

• Like 3

Incredible performance for Deadpool 2 domestic and overseas.

The second weekend drop probably scared a lot of people, but it did recover nicely just like Homecoming and Suicide Squad. No 3D, No China and R rating. This is more than impressive, it's insanely incredible! XD

• Like 3

On 6/24/2018 at 9:22 AM, MattW said:

394.9m on June 17, and now mojo has it at 393.5m through June 19th.

Edit, and Monday the 18th mojo updated with actuals of 395.1m

Another very harsh drop overseas this weekend, from 416.6 on July 29th to 414.5 today

https://web.archive.org/web/20180730193334/https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=foxmarvel18.htm

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=foxmarvel18.htm

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fake said:

^^^ This is an anomaly with the international number reporting by Fox studios.

Read my posts here:

Interesting. I assumed it was the same thing that happened to Civil War where there was some kind of exchange rate change and the whole gross from a certain country was adjusted down to the new xchange rate

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MattW said:

Interesting. I assumed it was the same thing that happened to Civil War where there was some kind of exchange rate change and the whole gross from a certain country was adjusted down to the new xchange rate

That is a different issue altogether, where country-specific totals reported by BOM differ from official numbers, and often start fluctuating towards the end of the run due to incorrect application of exchange rate by BOM.

• Like 1