YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

I've already had people tell me personally that they hated the theater version of BvS but upon their revisit with the UC version they loved it, that's quite a drastic shift in judgment..  I think calling it a "classic" is never going to happen but it will probably be much more appreciated in the coming years. Some have already said the use of the photograph in WW makes BvS better also..

• Like 1

BvS Director s Cut was just 30 minutes of more inane boredom, you definitely remember it more than the theatrical cut tho.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

BvS Director s Cut was just 30 minutes of more torture, you definitely remember it more than the theatrical cut tho.

Maybe to some.. I guess people who hate Snyder will never like it period. But for others it's an improvement.

• Like 2

I actually watched BvS ultimate cut after seeing it in theaters, and I have to disagree. It's still a bloated mess to me. I went with it on 2nd viewing with an open mind, and still reached the same conclusions I did back with the theatrical.

Plus, Wonder Woman's appearance isn't even a tenth as badass as her scenes in her own movie. 

The courtroom scene is great, however, and Superman appeared more human and fleshed out in this version. Still doesn't save the movie, though.

• Like 2

I know I shouldn't be saying this. But I hope that 2017 doesn't die like 2014.

another thing is that, you wanna know what's embarrassing March can have summer style grossers and be a big month, while the summer is so far like the 1st quarter. Some decent openers, and lots of bombs. We've have so far two big hits, one small hit, and  seven-to-eight bombs. :sadben:damn. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Why Wonder Woman losing theaters so soon?
Is it normal to lose this amount going into the 3rd week?

Well, you have no less than FIVE new openers, 4 of them wide, so something has to go (POTC is losing over 1400) and (I think) contractually they can't reduce the number of screens of The Mummy or It Comes at Night, given the weak opening of the former, I'm sure theaters would prefer to dump a few screens of that rather than WW.

Edited by TheMovieman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Why Wonder Woman losing theaters so soon?
Is it normal to lose this amount going into the 3rd week?

To make way for new films, I imagine it's smaller theaters. It's pretty standard for films in their third week to lose screens and sites so 100 isn't too bad, CU loses 5 times more.

• Like 1

Deadline updated their 54+ WONDR projection to 52.8. This has nothing to do with Sat returns as the update was done early Sat, but maybe they felt that they were being too bullish.

Edited by a2knet

33 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I've already had people tell me personally that they hated the theater version of BvS but upon their revisit with the UC version they loved it, that's quite a drastic shift in judgment..  I think calling it a "classic" is never going to happen but it will probably be much more appreciated in the coming years. Some have already said the use of the photograph in WW makes BvS better also..

As someone who really enjoyed both versions of BVS, I don't see how you could go from hating the theatrical to loving the UC, they aren't that different. there should be something in between.

Edited by Tower
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Deadline updated their 54+ WONDR projection to 52.8. This has nothing to do with Sat returns as the update was done early Sat, but maybe they felt that they were being too bullish.

Weird how the first 15.7m estimate makes them predict 54+ but when the number comes in higher by .1m, they lower their weekend prediction...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Yeah, I don't care for The Dark Universe, but it seems like Deadline is really trying to bully The Mummy. They've been acting dickish towards it, and almost 400 mil for the first film? Are you fucking nuts?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I can buy the budget being higher than 125M claimed, but no way is Universal spending 300M including P&A on this. Their stunt with the giant sarcophagus definitely cost a good chunk since they closed Hollywood Blvd for it, but apart from that, everything else has been pretty standard.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Also wondy has better wom in every country. Like in china mummy while opening $20m higher will end at same total as wondy.

And stupid wb didn't reoease WW in local languages in india.

Hey, Don't blame Warner Bros, it is a great studio headed by a fantastic guy. The lackluster marketing for WW is just a tiny mistake. Let us show WB love, positivity and encouragement !

1 minute ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Hey, Don't blame Warner Bros, it is a great studio headed by a fantastic guy. The lackluster marketing for WW is just a tiny mistake. Let us show WB love, positivity and encouragement !

:kitschjob:

What did you do with the real @WeneedtotalkaboutKevin?

Did Wonder Woman's success really break you?

• Like 1