YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

17 minutes ago, Nova said:

I have and I saw that lol I've never read it but my girlfriend is obsessed with that author. She's read all her books and binge watched Big Little Lies. Needless to say she freaked out when she saw Blake was attached to star in the movie of The Husband's Secret lol 

I really enjoyed Girl on The Train (different author but similar concept) so I'll probably check this one out 

Oh, so this is on the same league as Girl on the Train? Shit, I thought it was a well received book that could work as an Oscar contender for her, like Gone Girl.

What happened to All I See Is You btw? I was kind excited to check it, but it just dissapear, lol. It should had been released last year, when she was on spotlight thanks to The Shallows.

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 1

You know, for all the irony that guides the internet's preoccupation with the Star Wars prequels, I actually find them pretty entertaining - especially Revenge of the Sith, which I rank ahead of Return of the Jedi on my Star Wars list.

(*runs from the torch-and-pitchfork mob*)

• Like 1

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

What happened to All I See Is You btw? I was kind excited to check it, but it just dissapear, lol. It should had been released last year, where she was on spotlight thanks to The Shallows.

Set to open September 15.

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

A month or two back few would have expected WONDR's 2nd weekend to beat MUMMY's OW by 16-20m (32-34 vs 50-52).

Not just eek ahead a little or by a healthy 5m+. But a much bigger margin than that.

The gap between #1 and #2 movies will be bigger than #3 movie's weekend gross:

WONDR's 2nd weekend > MUMMY'S OW + CU's 2nd weekend Combined

That's b/c you didn't have the faith - I'm bringing more and more to the faith as this movie goes (yes, yes, I already apologized for Baywatch, but I think I've mentioned I go 50-50 on almost everything I do on these boards:))...

2 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

You know, for all the irony that guides the internet's preoccupation with the Star Wars prequels, I actually find them pretty entertaining - especially Revenge of the Sith, which I rank ahead of Return of the Jedi on my Star Wars list.

(*runs from the torch-and-pitchfork mob*)

Dude, you can't...it has the worst relationship scene ever seen in modern cinema...

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

NEW BOP PROJECTIONS: http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-dark-tower/

The Dark Tower: 42/107

They aren't doing a forecast for Detroit because they don't think it's going wide lmao

I feel like The Dark Tower could go either way. At least King Arthur has already set the bar low for what could be a "bomb" this summer.

11 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Leto's Joker was too flippant. I hope Leto adds a little bit of decorum to Joker's otherwise zany act else he doesn't come off as a thinking intelligent Joker, which is very much supposed to be an important part of his personality. Joker has his own well thought ideology by which he lives. Nolan's Joker was a cerebral villain. This Joker doesn't have to really philosophize like Ledger's but shouldn't come off as a silly person either. There must be method to the madness.

The best part about Nolan's Batman villains was that they were all alternate takes on the devil.

The Joker was the most interesting and compelling one. By far.

But it was pretty much "everyone is capable of becoming a monster and civilization is a facade" repeated over and over.

• Like 2