YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

Leto's Joker was too flippant. I hope Leto adds a little bit of decorum to Joker's otherwise zany act else he doesn't come off as a thinking intelligent Joker, which is very much supposed to be an important part of his personality. Joker has his own well thought ideology by which he lives. Nolan's Joker was a cerebral villain. This Joker doesn't have to really philosophize like Ledger's but shouldn't come off as a silly person either. There must be method to the madness.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

world ain't black and white my dude

I think Ethan is tired of every movie leading to another movie and in a way to him it feels more like a tv show.

• Like 1

Just now, Subzero said:

Joker (yes), Hela (will see) ... Loki (ehhhh) .... Bane wasn't too bad.

I had difficulty understanding his speech half the time when i first saw that film. He did nothing for me. Ra's was far better than him

13 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

@Nova Have you heard about that "The Husband's Secret" novel? I just saw that Blake signed for this.

I have and I saw that lol I've never read it but my girlfriend is obsessed with that author. She's read all her books and binge watched Big Little Lies. Needless to say she freaked out when she saw Blake was attached to star in the movie of The Husband's Secret lol 

I really enjoyed Girl on The Train (different author but similar concept) so I'll probably check this one out 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

Anyway there is a Mummy movie opening and it is apparently not very good. Also a new movie starring one of the actors from Fant4stic, whom the internet inexplicably hates

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

I think Ethan is tired of every movie leading to another movie and in a way to him it feels more like a tv show.

But isn't that true for trilogies and sequels and pretty much most movies that come out nowadays. Even Star Wars main trilogies fall in the same category then because each movies lead to the next. 

• Like 1

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

But isn't that true for trilogies and sequels and pretty much most movies that come out nowadays. Even Star Wars main trilogies fall in the same category then because each movies lead to the next. 

SW still manages to feel like individual movies. 

• Like 1

Just now, God Emperor Tele said:

Is it a hot take if I say I don't care about 95% of SH characters? And, thusly, don't care about any of their adventures or development? 

(I guess probably not, given y'all already know me.)

The most tepid take possible

• Like 1

2 hours ago, God Emperor Tele said:

A hot babe in a PG outfit lost the capacity to keep my attention in a shitty movie a long time ago. :lol: 

I can watch a drunk Doritos chick or random bitch and tell her she's kate Beckinsale and then wake up like what the hell