Finnick

Monday Numbers: WW: $6.27M | MUMMY CRUCIFIED: $2.59M

1 hour ago, JennaJ said:

Yeah, Incredible Hulk and IM2 may look like comparative weak links in retrospect, but I don't remember anyone doubting the MCU's future because of them.

the MCU didn't have a string of critical/WOM/Box office flops. Even the weaker movies were still generally well received. Nothing like the Dark Universe (which already had false starts with Van Helsing and Dracula Untold, even if we're not meant to act like those exist).

Van Helsing was suppose to be part of The Dark Universe?

I never knew that.

57 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

What is the plan with this so-called Dark Universe? Are the mosters joining forces to battle a common foe? 

If the monsters are the heroes or protagonists then does that mean humans are the enemies / antagonist?

Just now, DMan7 said:

If the monsters are the heroes or protagonists then does that mean humans are the enemies / antagonist?

No, it will be a Suicide Squad situation, "monsters" against a Bigger Monster (if it ever happens).

It was after Iron Man 2 where I heard a lot of mixed reactions on the MCU.  Thor was lukewarm,  Hulk was meh and Cap was mixed although a lot of folks have changed their opinions on that one over the years. That said, Avengers was still something that literally everyone wanted to see and was excited for.  The mixed reception obviously didn't hurt Avengers at all. 

14 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

No, it will be a Suicide Squad situation, "monsters" against a Bigger Monster (if it ever happens).

Or something unique for a change and let the monsters wipe out humanity, we root for the monsters to win since they are the protagonists. 

8 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

It was after Iron Man 2 where I heard a lot of mixed reactions on the MCU.  Thor was lukewarm,  Hulk was meh and Cap was mixed although a lot of folks have changed their opinions on that one over the years. That said, Avengers was still something that literally everyone wanted to see and was excited for.  The mixed reception obviously didn't hurt Avengers at all. 

Partly because it was the first movie to do it. The mixed reception to some of the earlier installments was easier to forget because of that. Curiosity factor played into it.

Fast-forward to now and franchise characters teaming up for the first time ain't nothing new, and certainly less impressive than it was, especially if their solo movies before that are turds.

2 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

It is easy to say now but after ca:tfa box office run completed, there were questions whether avengers will happen or not.

People don't appreciate enough the fact that marvel went on with $230m budget avengers and then the success it got. This is also the reason why ca:tws and gotg success is so special.

I think dark universe will continue, but they do need a iron man of theirs before they get to avengers.

They'd already filmed Avengers by then.  It was filmed in the Spring/Summer of 2011.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Partly because it was the first movie to do it. The mixed reception to some of the earlier installments was easier to forget because of that. Curiosity factor played into it.

Fast-forward to now and franchise characters teaming up for the first time ain't nothing new, and certainly less impressive than it was

That's why I have Infinity War way under the first Avengers and I also have Justice League ~$300M.  Even if they have good reviews and WOM I feel the ceiling on team ups has been reached. I'm not saying "super hero fatigue" I'm saying these films need to be different than those that came before them.

To be clear,   I have Infinity War ~$425M  and Justice League ~$300M,  if JL has great reviews then $375M

Edited by Johnny Tran
  • Like 1

Whatever mixed feelings people may have about the actual films the MCU definitely nailed the casting of pretty much every superhero. 

(The villains is another story)

Edited by DeeCee