fmpro

Friday estimates GR2 7 , TV 7,4 and SH 6,5

She's on crack. Nobody expected Arriety to do much of anything, Disney included. It's definitely beating expectations, granted when expectations are that small it's not that shocking. It's not like Disney is pumping a lot of money into advertising this thing.

buisy day for you kowhite.. 50+ posts today

Yeah, it's nice and sunny out today. A little chilly but I don't think anyone would appreciate me complaining about 63 degrees.

I dont know the farenheit scale... But it sounds nice....Its raining here and its cold.. Been working 14 hours today..So now im just chilling here on BOT

Why are you given Chaning all the credit for The Vow? I'll put money that Rachel McAdams had more to do with The Vow's success.

I`m not giving him more cred. I`m merely commenting on the fact that movie buffs jumped to write him off as the leading man and now he proved a draw at least in one genre (don`t forget Dear John). Unlike Hardy who hasn`t been catching fire despite significant exposure. I wish they switched cause Hadry is infinitely more talented but cred where cred is due. Channing has a dedicated fandom, period. Edited by fishnets

I`m not giving him more cred. I`m merely commenting on the fact that movie buffs jumped to write him off as the leading man and now he proved a draw at least in one genre (don`t forget Dear John). Unlike Hardy who hasn`t been catching fire despite significant exposure. I wish they switched cause Hadry is infinitely more talented but cred where cred is due. Channing has a dedicated fandom, period.

What can you do, starpower and talent often have little to do with one another.

No way is Rachael McRib the draw for The Vow. She is a HORRIBLE actress playing the same role in every film. Film's success belongs to Channing Tatum.

She's got some fans, see: The Notebook

And McAdams has never had an outright bomb either:Sherlock $524mSherlock 2 $504.7mWedding Crashers $285.2mMidnight in Paris $148.4mMean Girls $129mThe Notebook $115.6mTime Traveler's Wife $101.3mRed Eye $95.6mThe Family Stone $92.3mState Of Play $87.8mThe Vow $79mMorning Glory $58.8mThe Hot Chick $54.6mShe's never had a wide release gross less than $50m worldwide. and above those 2 every other film is 90+

No one knew who Tom Hardy was before 2010. How could he be a big draw now?

Because between 2010 and now he received extreme amount of exposure which should have been enough to guarantee at least double the opening digit of The Warrior from Bane and TDKR afictionados. Hey, what better movie to check out if Hardy is the right Bane than the one where he`s playing MMA meataxe? As it is, nobody turned up for that one. Now, I don`t expect Trekkies and comic book fans to go for TMW but many women like those movies and find actors hot and yet Channing prevailed. Somehow, I doubt it`s the allure of McAdams vs washed up Reese that decided this. After all, Channing did open Step Up without being a big name beforehand. Edited by fishnets

And McAdams has never had an outright bomb either:

Sherlock $524m (Not a draw factor at all for the Downey Jr./Law buddy action-fest)

Sherlock 2 $504.7m (See above, especially since she has a glorified cameo)

Wedding Crashers $285.2m (Not a factor, this was the Wilson/Vaughn draw)

Midnight in Paris $148.4m (A small role in an ensemble, not a draw)

Mean Girls $129m (She was unknown prior to this, so not a draw)

The Notebook $115.6m

Time Traveler's Wife $101.3m

Red Eye $95.6m

The Family Stone $92.3m (ensemble film, a supporting role)

State Of Play $87.8m (The leads were Crowe and Affleck, not a factor in drawing box office really)

The Vow $79m

Morning Glory $58.8m

The Hot Chick $54.6m (An unknown here, not a draw factor since it was a Rob Schneider comedy)

Struck through all the films where she was not a relevant factor at all in bringing in the crowd Edited by 4815162342