CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World II OS Thread

24 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Yeah, I'm really shocked how low the budget on this is. The CGI looked fantastic, and yet $170m (iirc) seems so cheap nowadays!

It really is a bit of a miracle. Having watched the film, it looked like a 250M dollar budget honestly.

14 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I call bullshit on that and all the budget “info” that we have. Whatever makes some people happy I guess....

Well to fair, the reported budget of JL was reported to be $300m so you expect that to $400m? I mean if they had those kind of budgets you need 1.1B to break even, that would be insane.  

29 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I call bullshit on that and all the budget “info” that we have. Whatever makes some people happy I guess....

My guess is they have people who know what they’re doing for less. The Ray Harryhausen of the modern era must work there the way JP1 holds up 25 years later. Look at any other major live action  cgi flick from that decade besides T2 up until The Matrix & it looks terrible. Godzilla etc..

12 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Well to fair, the reported budget of JL was reported to be $300m so you expect that to $400m? I mean if they had those kind of budgets you need 1.1B to break even, that would be insane.  

No, but between 200-250 million production budget seems more realistic to me than the “its a miracle” reported budget for a movie filled with cgi effects and a hot leading star. Add to that a sizable marketing budget , the movie had a stronger marketing campaign in my country than even Deadpool 2 (while the Disney films ,solo had virtually no marketing and even IW  marketing wasn’t as impressive). Of course it will make a very nice profit either way but the reported budget seems silly beyond belief and I don’t believe in “miracles”.

8 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

No, but between 200-250 million production budget seems more realistic to me than the “its a miracle” reported budget for a movie filled with cgi effects and a hot leading star. Add to that a sizable marketing budget , the movie had a stronger marketing campaign in my country than even Deadpool 2 (while the Disney films ,solo had virtually no marketing and even IW  marketing wasn’t as impressive). Of course it will make a very nice profit either way but the reported budget seems silly beyond belief and I don’t believe in “miracles”.

Well the marketing budget will be $150m, that I am sure. And you have to calculate in that Pratt will take a % of the profit. So he might 'only' get $5m upfront but 5-10% of the profits. 5 - 10% could easly be an extra $15m - $30m for Pratt, if not more. 

The reason why I think the production budget is correct is because, what we see with movies that are flops or don't do well, most of the time they don't report PB or they under report to safe face. This movie does not have any reason to under report it's budget.

Edited by pepsa

41 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

It’s not up to you lol.

They haven’t released a budget yet. We’ll get one from THR, Variety and BOM when they report it. 

I wouldnt be surprised if it cost considerably less than Jurassic World. 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

It’s not up to you lol.

They haven’t released a budget yet. We’ll get one from THR, Variety and BOM when they report it. 

I wouldnt be surprised if it cost considerably less than Jurassic World. 

Whatever makes you sleep better at nights...

34 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Well the marketing budget will be $150m, that I am sure. And you have to calculate in that Pratt will take a % of the profit. So he might 'only' get $5m upfront but 5-10% of the profits. 5 - 10% could easly be an extra $15m - $30m for Pratt, if not more. 

The reason why I think the production budget is correct is because, what we see with movies that are flops or don't do well, most of the time they don't report PB or they under report to safe face. This movie does not have any reason to under report it's budget.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/celebrity-salaries-daniel-craig-jennifer-lawrence-leonardo-dicaprio-1202801717/

Upfront salaries:

Pratt - $10m

BDH  - $8m

As you said there's also the back end which Pratt probably gets a % of and there's also Treverrow now as producer getting a % and Bayona should be getting paid more than Treverow was for director for the first since his resume is rather more extensive and impressive.

That alone would account for most of the $25m increase in budget.  From the trailers the scope of the film doesn't look at large as the first in terms of sets or even amount of extras (correct me if I'm wrong) so that might offset inflation costs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

Nah you said 'Flop', that is not the same 😛

This movie only needs $600m to break-even.

Well it’s a flop when you compare it to the first movie - since the drop is massive. It’s all about perspective.  Every movie can’t be measured the same.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Well it’s a flop when you compare it to the first movie - since the drop is massive. It’s all about perspective.  Every movie can’t be measured the same.

Flops are measured by films that lose money and aren’t profitable. 

51 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Lol at thinking this will reach 1.2B. It will be lucky to break 1B.  Also 400M is a huge decline. 

It should still break $1bn. 

It still has to open in China and also the other markets the week after that which the first film made another $210m from. 

• Like 1

@Krissykins i admire that you still reply to that troll but at this point it should be obvious that this Grace Randolph user just wants to poison the well. Anyone who names a movie a flop that will make 130-160M in the first OS weekend with only 50% of the total marketplaces is just deliberately ignoring facts or trolling.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Or makes you 

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Flops are measured by films that lose money and aren’t profitable. 

It should still break $1bn. 

It still has to open in China and also the other markets the week after that which the first film made another $210m from. 

As Brainbugsaid, just stop replying to them. No one pays attention to their comments anyway. No one will think that your arguments are any less valid because of these people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam said:

145.9M is such a specific number for estimate lol.

Thinking it’ll be closer to $160M.

That would be absolutely great imo. If i remember corretly, the same markets for JW gave an opening figure of 158M.

Just now, Godzilla said:

Yea but it probably won't have the legs considering World Cup. 

I think youre right (audience reception might be not as hot as for JW as well), but it will be very interesting to follow because in many markets it has basically a month to itself.