CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World II OS Thread

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I've been reading that some (not many but some) think the opening in China is bad.  How so?  It increased by 20% from the last time it was in China.  And if this does finish with 800 international, including China, and even if it only finishes with 400 in the US, that still gives it about 75% of JW.  People might forget how big the last one was especially when you consider that it was such a surprise.  So I don't see the doom and gloom.

And I know we are in a different box office era now, but @Thrylos 7, this was common in the 70's-90's for sequels to decrease, especially when the original was so huge.

Empire Strikes Back

Godfather 2

Jaws 2

Temple of Doom 

Back to the Future 2

All of these decreased significantly and the originals were not divisive at all.

Come on man, don’t bring such old films from completely different eras to excuse that drop , which will be bigger than 500 million WW , when all is said and done. Many folks have explained why the drop is severe , there s nothing more to be said. Oh and I think we should wait to see where exactly JW 2 is heading because 1.2 billion WW is not locked by any means, it could go substantially lower than that.

All I say is when there’s expectations about a film people shouldn’t be backpedaling when the film does worse than they expected. If A4 does 1.5 billion next year I will be the first to proclaim that it underperformed.

Oh, and this isn’t about Baumer, underperfrming doesn’t mean flopping, just saying.

Edited by Thrylos 7

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well there's also the World Cup to deal with.

Universal was free to open it whenever they wanted. Also just a few days ago i was reading here about “sweet summer weekdays”, “it will be the only option for people that want to to go to the movies so the WC wont affect it” e.t.c.

Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom Is Unaffected By Race 3

The Hindi films like Veere Di Wedding and Parmanu may have been hit by the Race 3 juggernaut but Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom has hardly been affected as it heads towards a 18-19 crore nett second week. The film is a bigger HIT than the two Hindi films mentioned above and has really sustained well from a 5.50 crore nett opening day.

The total so far for the film is nearly 66 crore nett and it will easily clear 70 crore nett in two weeks and then head to a lifetime total of 80 crore nett plus which is huge considering how the film opened. 

The collections of Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom till date are as follows

Week One - 52,18,00,000

Friday - 2,50,00,000

Saturday - 4,25,00,000

Sunday - 4,75,00,000

Monday - 2,00,00,000

Second Week - 13,50,00,000 apprx (5 Days)

TOTAL - 65,68,00,000 apprx

The film will probably become the sixth or seventh highest grossing Hollywood film in India which is a great result for the film especially considering the huge competition from Race 3.

Really didn't think it'll have good legs but Indians apparently only care about Dinos and not the movie's story :P

Should end up with ~18M. JW did 22M.

• Like 3

On 6/18/2018 at 3:20 PM, Thrylos 7 said:

Universal was free to open it whenever they wanted. Also just a few days ago i was reading here about “sweet summer weekdays”, “it will be the only option for people that want to to go to the movies so the WC wont affect it” e.t.c.

Summer weekdays haven’t started in Europe yet, for the U.K. at least. 

Next week in Scotland, July for England. There’s no competition either, apart from the World Cup. 

Just now, a2k said:

So just under 58% OS-China drop from OW (5-day in some markets). That's a promising sign considering world cup started midweek. Not gonna do under 750 OS imo.

-45% 3 day to 3 day, 32% here in the UK 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Yikes with the way thing are going it’s looking possible that this movie will do under 1 billion. 

No, it won't. Overseas looks to finish with at least 700m when all is said and done (probably more) and domestically it won't make less than 300m. 1 Billion is locked.

• Like 3

According to BOM, it’s at 466M OS up to Thursday.

170M China 

296M OS-China

With domestic weekend and openings in Latin America countries, worldwide total by Sunday should be within the range of 680M-720M

On 6/19/2018 at 5:54 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Yikes with the way thing are going it’s looking possible that this movie will do under 1 billion. 

Yikes, you are such a troll.

• Like 1