WrathOfHan

All the Money in the World | 25th of December, 2017 | Wahlberg's gotta get paid

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Ridley Scott said in the THR director interview when ask that director usually never go back doing movie in space more than once because of much of an hassle free fall / low gravity shooting can be and responded that making the Martian was a walk in the park, one of the easiest shoot of is career.

They shoot 1 hour tv episode in less time than that right ? So if spacey is a 20 minute episode, must be doable, specially if all the challenge about it were solve in the first time, all the decision about the blocking/editing, etc.... No need to take coverage or many options, they can shoot it like Clint Eastwood or Spielberg/Nolan does it.

It's probably not even that much. Yes, you don't re-conceive the scenes, you take the locked cut, look at the shots, identify the ones with Spacey (and/or others), and reshoot those particular angles. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Barnack said:

yeah that I can see this, awareness will be up a little bit and if the movie deliver it could maybe make more out of it, but if it a 60-75% on RT middle of the road affair it could have no effect (the people that new about the movie because of this story, so an unnatural audience will not go see it in theater)

The latest example of this was Allied, with Pitt-Jolie separation and Cotillard talk, lot of speculation if all that awareness and having the rumored affair being a couple in a movie, spy couple in a movie again like Mr. Mrs. Smith that started the Pitt-Jolie couple on a affair back in the days could not boost the box office a bit (or I imagine to other people speculating narrative, hurt it).

It was a story that got world traction quite a bit.

Allied

Domestic:  $40,098,064    33.5%
Foreign:  $79,421,959    66.5%

Worldwide:  $119,520,023  

Did so much what a giant name movie (Zemeckis-Pitt), with a not fresh high concept and 60% RT score would have done anyway (really feel would not have done better or worst), that is what Cruise American Made would have made if it would not have overperformed because of a really good reception.

True but none of that had the power of the Spacey allegations and then in this case directly and interestingly changed the film itself.  Couple breakups I know are a big deal to some, but to me this is much more interesting and we get to actually see the outcome transpire in the movie content itself.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2017 at 12:46 PM, The Futurist said:

Do you know something we(the trades) don't ?

I remember at one point Gopher had Rth/EC like access.  Not sure what he's doing now but I would assume something in the industry still.

1 minute ago, MattW said:

I remember at one point Gopher had Rth/EC like access.  Not sure what he's doing now but I would assume something in the industry still.

THR straight said the decision was made by Scott unilaterally today.

...so is Gopher on the crew? Is he Christopher Plummer? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/christopher-plummer-replace-kevin-spacey-all-money-world-1056450

Insiders tell The Hollywood Reporter that Scott made the decision unilaterally and only notified Sony of his decision late Wednesday afternoon. Plummer was actually the first choice for the role, but top studio executives wanted a bigger name.

thug-life-gif.gif

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

True but none of that had the power of the Spacey allegations and then in this case directly and interestingly changed the film itself.

Depend what we mean by power, scandal size yes you are right, but power of awareness/world attention, Pitt attention was bigger than Spacey I think:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-05-05 2017-11-08&q=%2Fm%2F0c6qh,%2Fm%2F048lv,%2Fm%2F07lt7b,%2Fm%2F0f4vbz

Because it is not a sequel, we will not be able to compare and see any change on the film I would guess and Spacey not being in the movie at all will not make the experience of not seeing it on screen special either really much.

It will stay speculation regardless and we will build ad-hoc a narrative about it helping or hurting the movie (not knowing how it would have made without any of this), but in the past the stories around a movie that is not about is quality, hard to see an affect on is commercial performance, from all the bad talks with WWZ, Dog Purpose or interesting talk that seem to not help the movie at all, chance are people do not care that much, unlike something on youtube/tv/netflix that is free and require no effort to go take a look.

12 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Ridley had Diaz have sex with a car in the Counselor. Then two Android Fassboners make out in Alien Covenant

What will he do in All The Money in the World?

Wait, what? I have to see this now, who am I kidding, find those scenes on YouTube...

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Oops, though this way, the movie gets way more attention than it ever would have if they'd just cast Christopher Plummer all along.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica