franfar

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (yes that's the subtitle) | May 24, 2024 | Anya Taylor-Joy is Furiosa + Chris Hemsworth

3 hours ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I liked her in the VVitch, idk if I see her as Furiosa though. Also I won't believe this movie is actually happening until I'm watching it.

The cast for this is already coming together so unless there's a major development that would require it to be shutdown it's definitely happening. Guessing it'll shoot next year and then maybe go for a Cannes 2023 launch right before releasing like Fury Road did.

23 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The cast for this is already coming together so unless there's a major development that would require it to be shutdown it's definitely happening. Guessing it'll shoot next year and then maybe go for a Cannes 2023 launch right before releasing like Fury Road did.

Haven't been many of those lately lol

4 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

Haven't been many of those lately lol

lol yeah but you know what I mean. This project is finally becoming a reality now.

Also it's been fun watching Yahya take over Hollywood seemingly overnight with all these big projects and winning an Emmy. Everyone wants to be in the business with him. You know he's also Disney's #1 choice for the voice of Young Mufasa in that Barry Jenkins Lion King prequel/sequel thing too.

13 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I wonder if the recent IATSE news is the reason why this delay happened. If they strike, then Hollywood as a whole is likely going into a long coma. I could see this delay as Warner preparing for such an outcome.

It feels a little early to push a film’s release date based on a potential strike. The strike authorization isn’t going to happen until beginning of October, and at this point no one knows when a strike would actually happen (hopefully it won’t and the threat of a strike plus support from the other major guilds is enough to get a decent new contract in place.)