WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

I think you are not using fair comps. Ant-Man as a superhero movie in July is a shitty comp. Let's look at 3rd Saturday of Chicken Little from November 2006. That jumped 91%. So let' say 100% for Spiderman because Marvel. That gives 26.4 Sat. 

13.2 + 26.4 + 21 (-20.5%) = 60.6

Remove 0.5 because I want to be conservative and reasonable. 60.1 is likely.

I don't see how you can argue with this.

tumblr_lzp0nfeMKm1r0z4zzo1_250.gif

• Like 6

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

I dont understand why they killed franco's character. He should have been back for dawn and war. 

yeah I thought it was weird. I really liked Dawn but there was kind of a hole in it because of his absense

they should have least brought him back Charlton Heston style in the end of one these sequels

Edited by John Marston

the summer has only been nice to WW it seem

1) High RT score

2) Much bigger than tracker

3) much softer 2nd weekend drop

4) father day bump

5) Independence day jump

6) Spiderman can't kill it with equivalent high RT

Now, she asked for smallest drop since its release, if $7m, it would give her 28% drop.....

• Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

they should have superimposed a superhero over Caesar on the Planet of the Apes posters then it would have done better

Ceaser gets attacked by inter-galactic goo and becomes a super-hero. The climax obviously has a sky beam. 100 ow locked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I dont understand why they killed franco's character. He should have been back for dawn and war. 

One human character continuing over 3 movies would have certainly helped War's marketing connect more imo.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Does anyone else think that how young the marketing skewed kind of harmed the older audience and kept them away from the Spider-Man movie? 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doom and glooming it, it's going to make a lot of money but I think that's a good question.  Which is why I asked it.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

So, some weekend projections that could be totally wrong...

If 'War' approximately follows 'Dawn' for the weekend:

THU PREVIEWS: $5M

TRUE FRIDAY: $16M

SAT: $17.4 (+9%)

SUN: $13.2M (-24%)

WKD TOTAL: $51.6M

If you don't separate previews from True Friday then Apes hits ~$55M - 'cause maybe the lower absolute numbers, combined with stellar reviews/great WOM, will make for a less frontloaded weekend. No idea on this one.

If Spidey follows around Ant-Man for Sat/Sun:

FRI: $13.2M

SAT: $18.0M (+36%)

SUN: $14.4M (-20%)

WKD TOTAL: $45.6M (-61%)

This seems like a heavy drop. Realistically, I could see a stronger Saturday increase (+40%) and something more like a -18% on Sunday, for $46.9M (-60%)

If Wonder Woman follows around its Sat/Sun from last weekend:

FRI: $2M

SAT: $2.7M (+35%)

SUN: $1.9M (-30%)

WKD TOTAL: $6.6M (-33%)

Peace,

Mike

• Like 4